Trapped in Leon.

• HTML tutorial

Roving1

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Livonia MI
Member #

Hi all. After having a great short visit to Guanajuato I left and tried to buy fuel but I got caught up in the shortage. I made it to Leon where I waited 5 hours in two places that ran out of gas.

My low fuel light is on because I couldn't find fuel anywhere in Guanajuato, Silao or Leon. I am at an airbnb in the Bosques Del Refugio area.

If anyone can verify a location selling gas or when deliveries start coming in I would appreciate it. I'm almost to the point of taking gas cans in a taxi to fill up as I am worried about running out on the way, especially if there is not any gas for sale.

Thanks

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
From a little bit of googling, it looks like the fuel shortage only applies to the state run Pemex fuel company. From what i read, Mobil fuel stations still have fuel available. Here is the number to a Mobil station, you could call to see if they have fuel +52 477 779 4694 .. According to google maps, it looks like it not too far from where you are.

Reactions: Boort and Roving1

Roving1

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Livonia MI
Member #

From a little bit of googling, it looks like the fuel shortage only applies to the state run Pemex fuel company. From what i read, Mobil fuel stations still have fuel available. Here is the number to a Mobil station, you could call to see if they have fuel +52 477 779 4694 .. According to google maps, it looks like it not too far from where you are.
I had this info early on and many were out and the rest had long lines, I mean like 1km+ 500 car lines. Compounding the issue is most of the things in Google maps listed with mobil in the name are oil dealers or service centers that are not actually gasoline. I burned up most of my remaining gas looking for a Mobil and then thru ran out :(

Thanks though.

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Wish I could be more help. Maybe some of our south of the border members will see this thread and can come to the rescue.

Reactions: Roving1

Roving1

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Livonia MI
Member #

Wish I could be more help. Maybe some of our south of the border members will see this thread and can come to the rescue.
I'm getting some Intel that tankers are arriving in places but I don't have enough fuel to screw with. The night has the best chance for short lines but running out of gas sucks too.

Uhggh. This sucks. I'm in an area with no active taxis to. My Spanish is too awful to try and call a taxi to explain what I need.

Roving1

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Livonia MI
Member #

I Ubered around with jerricans and it's hopeless. 10L limit and all night wait to buy gas. Lines are up to 2km in some places.

I'm not waiting that long again for no guarantee of gas and 10L is useless with a 600 mile drive ahead of me. Looks like the best case scenario is Monday. Why the one damn weekend in the last 3 months I needed to drive somewhere? I was at such a cool place in Guanajuato and would have stayed there if I had any idea this was happening. So frustrating