Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

I used to drive into Maryland (who is as batshit as CA about guns) to shoot with friends and had a 3-case approach for my handguns since I had a pickup without a cap. Each gun in its own little locked case, ammo in a locked case, all in a locked Pelican "trunk" in the back seat. Like CA, long guns just had to be unloaded but I kept the case locked and ammo in the handgun trunk just to avoid conflict.

Reactions: MMc and Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I'll send you a box of 230gr ball and a couple Wilson 47d's if you buy one.
Why do you keep doing this to me? You better hope that my wife does not find out about our expensive relationship ;) Hahahaha
Actually... Have always wanted a nice 1911 and _need_ a new carry pistol... As always, will DM you. Who should I make the check out to? :)

Reactions: bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Why do you keep doing this to me? You better hope that my wife does not find out about our expensive relationship ;) Hahahaha
Actually... Have always wanted a nice 1911 and _need_ a new carry pistol... As always, will DM you. Who should I make the check out to? :)
Just give me a budget number, you can consider me your personal online concierge!

• Haha
Reactions: Ubiety

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Florida has agricultural inspection stations too, they just don’t stop everyone. Only commercial type vehicles.
Many States (all) have AG inspection stations.

However the diametrically opposed status of Californistans immigration policy is rife with weapons grade irony.

California: "Where are those apples from?"
"Ummm, Wisconsin I'm traveling a cross country"
Califoria: "We're going to have to confiscate those apples, the State of California is composed of a highly diverse and sensitive variety of ecosystems and those apples may contain parasites that would disrupt those systems."

Also California : "Where are those humans from?"
"Nicaragua"
California: "Well SHIT BOY, COME ON IN! "

Mrprez

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wildwood, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4WMZ
Many States (all) have AG inspection stations.

However the diametrically opposed status of Californistans immigration policy is rife with weapons grade irony.

California: "Where are those apples from?"
"Ummm, Wisconsin I'm traveling a cross country"
Califoria: "We're going to have to confiscate those apples, the State of California is composed of a highly diverse and sensitive variety of ecosystems and those apples may contain parasites that would disrupt those systems."

Also California : "Where are those humans from?"
"Nicaragua"
California: "Well SHIT BOY, COME ON IN! "

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Not all 50 states have them on the highways like Florida and California. California is more invasive. They stop all traffic.
Yeah Texas has them, but they are just pull offs for sure enough transport vehicles.

The only place I've seen those toll booth looking affairs or been interrogated by the Fruit Stasi is out west.

I should have/meant to put a "?" behind all above because I don't know, I assume all states conduct AG inspections at some level on transport traffic, I can't imagine any State leaving some unnecessary government on the table

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
None of my semi-auto pistols have "small" (<= 10 rounds) magazines so I'll take a revolver; problem solved. Long guns are a different story re: CA law and I'm not sure that I will even bring one; maybe a shotgun. Thanks!
Better yet stay out of States with idiot laws. I dont need them and they aren't going to get any of my travel money.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Better yet stay out of States with idiot laws. I dont need them and they aren't going to get any of my travel money.
Going to see the in-laws and attend a niece's wedding (and camp and go to the Sierra Nevadas where my wife grew up).

• Love
Reactions: M Rose