Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
RICHARD
Last Name
BURKEHOLDER
Member #

How were you able to book Byrne State park for just one night? Online is making me book two just like Spruce Run.
i just typed in my days and that's what it gave me. it didn't require me to add a second day for byrne. maybe because it was a Saturday night and most wont stay for Sunday night? solid guess.

Reactions: Marvaz

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
when i was stationed in groton, ct years back, i had a buddy from new jersey (forgot what exit he was from) and he showed me around and i always wanted to go back and check out the skylands region, is that a good area to visit?

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
when i was stationed in groton, ct years back, i had a buddy from new jersey (forgot what exit he was from) and he showed me around and i always wanted to go back and check out the skylands region, is that a good area to visit?
It’s a nice area, IMO it’s the best part of NJ, the closest thing we have to America here. Just brace yourself for paved roads. Everything is paved. But it’s cool seeing some of the mountains go straight into the giant lakes

Reactions: grubworm

Daddio1962

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Budd Lake NJ
First Name
John
Last Name
VanDerZyde
Member #

Hello everyone, I'm looking to give the Trans-New Jersey Trail a go. m thinking of either doing it in sections or in one shot. I'm open to either since I live in the vicinity of the southern and northern sections of it. seeing if there's anyone out there that would want to team up with me and give it a go. I'm also open to doing it at any point of the year. I'm 100% fine with cold-weather camping if someone were inclined to go during these colder months. obviously, with the state of the world, we currently live in and the pandemic still being a huge part of our lives, social distancing and overall self-awareness are going to be a major part of this trip. please reach out if you have any questions or if you'd be interested in the trip!!! happy new year yall!

here is the latest thread I have found on this trail if you want to check it out.

Did you get to do this?