Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Hey all. I was looking at the TAT website as I was thinking of running the Pacific portion later this year when I am out that way. From what I can tell from the website is that this trail was mapped for overland motorcycles, not 4x4 trucks and Jeeps so I sort of dropped it. But I was hoping some knowledge here could clarify that for me since I have seen runs on part of the trail posted on this forum.

Is the Pacific section suitable for a JKU ?

Thanks everyone!

Team4M

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Tampa, FL, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Martell
Member #

Hey all. I was looking at the TAT website as I was thinking of running the Pacific portion later this year when I am out that way. From what I can tell from the website is that this trail was mapped for overland motorcycles, not 4x4 trucks and Jeeps so I sort of dropped it. But I was hoping some knowledge here could clarify that for me since I have seen runs on part of the trail posted on this forum.

Is the Pacific section suitable for a JKU ?

Thanks everyone!
I’ve never spent a minute on the TAT so don’t rely on me but… I looked into that a while ago and there’s a well documented trip a few fellas did in land rovers so many if not all is doable. I looked into the eastern side but I’m sure some others have touched parts of it out west.

On a recent trip I encountered a few sections of trail I wasn’t comfortable tackling and with the many GPS platforms out there it was easy to quickly navigate a work around. I wouldn’t hesitate to give it a go!

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Trails get a little snug here in the PNW. You may get a few trail pinstripes on you Jeep, but otherwise you should be fine.

Make sure the fires are done burning in southern OR before you head out.

OVRLNDER

US East Region Member Rep, NY
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

I'm in the same boat as you with looking at the TAT routes. I'm trying to go from NY to the California coast but the TAT goes no where near me or the California coast.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

In looking at the travel plans which have been updated recently by the Dixie Fire I have been thinking about the ID BDR for a coupe of sections instead of the TAT. It still a bit flexible as one always needs to be but think this is the route I am taking.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
In looking at the travel plans which have been updated recently by the Dixie Fire I have been thinking about the ID BDR for a coupe of sections instead of the TAT. It still a bit flexible as one always needs to be but think this is the route I am taking.
Also look into OBDR routes to help bypass the Dixie Fires.