Kris022

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Houston, Texas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5UXO
For those of you that have trailers, what type of security measures do you take to keep the trailer where you left it. In May, I'll be going to a Toyota event with some offroading and won't be with the trailer foUr a couple hours, but it will be in the camping spot. So, what things do you use to prevent trailer thefts.

JPaul

Rank V

Pioneer I

Mendon, UT, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1JPA
Heavy gauge cable with a sturdy padlock is what is keeping my trailer in my driveway, the cable is wound through the wheel's holes and around the axle and spring. A tongue lock is a good addition as well if you don't have a removable tongue. I think those two things do well enough to keep most thieves at bay.

Reactions: Kris022

Kris022

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Houston, Texas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5UXO
Oh the wife and I will be armed, it’s when we leave the trailer behind that got me thinking. The trailer will be garaged when we are home. I’ll check out some cables and a tongue lock. GPS sounds like a good idea too. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ohiowrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Newark, Oh
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Darling
Member #

There are other topics on this, I built my trailer with a removable tongue. I chain the wheels, use the gps tracker plant and the electrical cable is also removable, Ron

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Removable tongue hard to pull without one! And it's not in the way getting around the trailer in camp or when stored.

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

camping, I use a tongue lock, run a chain through the spokes of my rim around the axle & pad lock it. I wrap the safety chain around the tongue & secure it with a pad lock. These 2 pad locks are keyed the same.

storage, I have no worries. It parked in a big metal shop on my farm, out of sight & the weather.
005.JPG