Trailer Prices

• HTML tutorial

PaddyG

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Just curious about people's experiences. If you get a quote from a manufacturer, are they hard quotes or is there some latitude to negotiate?

I know this isn't like buying a car. However, I've just never bought anything like these before.

grantwilson

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

St. augustine, Fl
Member #

Unless you have a benefit to giving you a deal, its typically hard out

id say a good 90% of the GOOD trailer builders have a wait list. TCTeardrops has over a year at the current point and they put out 80 a year

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
why not build your own, heres another excellent forum I participate in thats all about such ~ http://tventuring.com/trailerforum/index.php

lots of neat trailers and ideas to improve upon
Most people don't have the skills required or the time it takes to build something. I got lucky and had lots of help with my trailer. It also has a lot of production parts which have made it a lot better. If you have the skills, time, or friends go for it.

rmerron

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Scottsboro, Alabama, USA
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Peters
Member #

I built mine, but had to pay for some guys with welding skill. All in it still was about $20K. Might have been better to have paid for a ready made one. It's still cool though and the RTT was about $3500 of that.

Contributor I

Fort Mill, SC
Member #

Talk to Tennessee Trailers. They are a fully custom builder who is new to the overland trailer game, but have been building custom high end trailers for over 50 years. If you call them, ask for Eric and let him know that Stewart sent you. He'll help you figure out a lot of technical details and build exactly what you want. I'll have one of the first ones with me at Overland East. Good luck!

http://www.tntrailers.us

Adventure Ready

Rank II

Advocate II

Check out Turtleback. Lead time is only about 1-2 months right now and they're legit. We are the NW reps for them and I personally stand behind their work. Top notch stuff.

PaddyG

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Thanks all the input guys. My wife put the kibosh on a RTT because of mobility issues with a ladder at night - such as a bathroom emergency. So a small teardrop or tiny house on wheels is the direction!

At Overland East my wife saw and fell in love with one from inTech RV. The Max +. The idea of this is a mini toy hauler with a fold out bed on one side of the cabin. Then a slide out kitchen unit at the front on the street side. What I really like is that I can walk around inside with a bend of the neck, and won't need a side tent to stand up in to change cloths and such. Good price for what you get. Now it doesn't have everything we want, but "I know a guy!" who will be working with me to finish the outfitting. I'm providing him a small utility trailer I no longer use for his business, and getting him some reduced cost accounting and tax work.