DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Not sure I will be able to make the trip to Canada (Tuk) this year with the pandemic and border closures, but if I do, my plan has always been to to take a shotgun, since we will be doing mostly boondocking in pretty isolated locations.
We're planning on a trip up to Tuk as well. It'll be the first trip we take after we retire. That's a few years out still, but still enjoy the planning and preparation phases...and prepping the rig for the long trip up there from Arizona! Good Luck with your plans...thanks to COVID-19!

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

NWT has no COVID cases but they thought they had one last week. Turned out to be a "false positive" whatever that is. Here the commumity of Taloyoak gathers to celebrate being COVID free.

This was May 4th...... gathering on the lake ice..... mode of transport snowmobile and Quad.....
The sun is barely above the horizon. Sunrise was 2:30am. Sunset 10pm.
God I miss the Northern Light. lol
At high noon the sun is only 35 degrees above the horizon.
95902143_10158633891784604_6239466331414986752_n.jpg

Last edited:

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
NWT has no COVID cases but they thought they had one last week. Turned out to be a "false positive" whatever that is. Here the commumity of Taloyoak gathers to celebrate being COVID free.

This was May 4th...... gathering on the lake ice..... mode of transport snowmobile and Quad.....
View attachment 152694
Nice!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

View attachment 152694
LOL.... looks like self distancing to me ! :-)

• Haha
Reactions: DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

View attachment 152694
Did you travel up there from BC for this picture, or did someone send it to you from the far north!??

Mikeblack

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jones Jr
Member #

I am concerned about safety as I usually travel alone, single, white, female. I do have a conceal & carry though.
Outstanding!
If you're going to carry make sure you have some concealed carry Insurance like uscca. Also is good to stock up on some good medical kit as well. 6 lb of medical gear will be like a blessing when you need it

Reactions: DaleRF

Carter

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Shelby Charter Township, MI, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I always concealed carry as do my traveling companions. When out in the wilderness, I'll switch to open carry just as so anyone looking at us can see we are not defenseless. victims.

I also carry a SCAR and 870 in the truck easy to get to. Below is a link to a good article to the dangers in the Colorado outdoors.

Danger in the forest
Nice. I usually conceal but when I hike I use a thigh holster mostly because of practicality of trying to get a firearm with a hiking pack.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I never liked the thigh holster. Puts a lot of stress on leg. When I was doing a lot of patrolling I prefer a chest holster.
The problem is the vast majority of people don't wear them properly. They wear them far too low and too loose. They should be as high on your thigh as you can practically get it while still clearing gear. Most people are better served if they need to clear equipment by a "duty drop" holster. It still attaches to the belt but the belt slide mount is extended lower than normal.

Reactions: Carter

Carter

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Shelby Charter Township, MI, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Nice. I usually conceal but when I hike I use a thigh holster mostly because of practicality of trying to get a firearm with a hiking pack.
I never liked the thigh holster. Puts a lot of stress on leg. When I was doing a lot of patrolling I prefer a chest holster.

I can see that. I find the thigh holster incredibly comfortable. I use a blade-tech holster. It is great. Hell, I recommend most of their products.