El Dorado Hills, El Dorado County, California, United States
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS
Can we add more "technical definition" text information when rating a trail from 1 to 10?

I believe people still rate more related to their experienced feelings instead of independent trail technical difficulties.

Similar to Technical Ratings - Trails Offroad and even better and with more clear metrics.

Not that the people have to use the definitions language in their Description, more that the definition is part of the trail difficulty number choice.
The Descriotion can be more used for experience writing of the trail.

Last edited:

rtexpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Treloyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK7VWK
It would be great to know why trails have the ratings they get as well.
A track could be more difficult for different reasons. Rock Steps, Soft Sand, Mud or River Crossings require different approaches.
When someone drives a trail, maybe they should let everyone know what vehicle and mods.
Approach, departure, rampover etc. and whether that was really enough (did they damage their rig) or plenty.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Can we add more "technical definition" text information when rating a trail from 1 to 10?

I believe people still rate more related to their experienced feelings instead of independent trail technical difficulties.

Similar to Technical Ratings - Trails Offroad and even better and with more clear metrics.

Not that the people have to use the definitions language in their Description, more that the definition is part of the trail difficulty number choice.
Agree! We do have our definitions listed both in the app and on the web BUT - its totally buried. We need to make this more front and center. Trail definitions here: Overland Bound Trail Ratings - Overland Bound

In the app, these definitions are included on saved trails. So if you rate a trail "5" users can tap the "i" and see:

1668014533985.png

1668014558975.png

So - we do provide that information but need to bring it more front and center. Thank you for the suggestion. We will!

Reactions: OBB

OBB

Rank VII

Pioneer II

El Dorado Hills, El Dorado County, California, United States
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS

Agree! We do have our definitions listed both in the app and on the web BUT - its totally buried. We need to make this more front and center. Trail definitions here: Overland Bound Trail Ratings - Overland Bound

In the app, these definitions are included on saved trails. So if you rate a trail "5" users can tap the "i" and see:

View attachment 244707

View attachment 244708

So - we do provide that information but need to bring it more front and center. Thank you for the suggestion. We will!
The screenshot shows the tooltip about the trail rating of saved trip. When saving a trip, there are only the different levels visible and at that time, time when you chose what level it is, that's where the tooltip is needed

Reactions: Michael