First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
63605DB3-B9F4-4B68-9E37-B91C6391C9F0.jpeg

This is just a reminder to ensure you all know about the Trail Guardian program. This programme creates a great opportunity for members to meet up and make a difference in their local community.

Here’s the run down from OB HQ:

“We developed the Trail Guardian initiative to encourage Overland Bound Members to be positive stewards of our land and lead by example. We’re asking everyone to ‘Leave It Better Than You Found It’, no matter if you’re out for a day on a solo trip, or connecting with a large group. By taking a moment (or two!) to pick up garbage and debris found on any trail, you are making a positive impact on the world at large.”

You can find more about the program here!

And you get recognition and support from OB HQ for your positive contribution!

Let me know if you are interested in putting together an event, or if you plan to be out on the trail anytime soon. We’ll help you get started!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I think, I just take them on a tour and try to find rubbish and clean it up. We are very Lucky normally, it is a bit clean in the Netherlands

Reactions: Polaris Overland

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

By the way, can we buy those trail guardian coins somewhere ? Because i would love to offer one to each of my sons : it would be an opportunity to say, guys, it looks very natural to you and i am super proud of this, but all the people do not see it the same way and i want to give you this little coin so you are also proud of yourselves, because you are doing the right thing.

It's very cool to see they are doing this without effort. And i think if i can make them feel proud of themselves about them being trail guardians, they will go to school and show their emblem to their friends and say why they got one. They are also in small schools with teachers who love nature and teach them a lot about how to respect it, and i am sure they would love to talk about it to their classes. Ok sorry, haha, that's a lot of words, long story short : where can i buy those please Dave ? :)

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

I don't know whether this is the right thread but it kinda goes with the flow. As a Geocacher I frequently follow the CITO ethic. (Cache In Trash Out). I often fill my Trasheroo whilst out caching too
We also play geocaching and each time i think Geocaching and Overland Bound should shake their hands officially as they belong to the same family : people enjoying outdoors. IMO geocaching (not in the cities of course) is just overlanding with treasure hunt ;)

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
We also play geocaching and each time i think Geocaching and Overland Bound should shake their hands officially as they belong to the same family : people enjoying outdoors. IMO geocaching (not in the cities of course) is just overlanding with treasure hunt ;)
I did a kind of poll sometime ago regarding peoples interests when overlanding. I think Geocaching came up as did hillwalking and climbing, kayaking and mountain biking. On longer Overland Trips another interest is a good way to get more out of your trip and see more of the region you are in.

Reactions: Overland_Bubba