Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gretna, NE, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Talley
Member #

About a month ago I was down in Southern Missouri for the first year of the Overland Expo in Springfield. While there I rode some at SMORR.

Friday night I did some mild wheeling on a few trails I have been down many times. Caught the corner of the tire on a stump and snapped the Sector shaft on the Steering box. No I wasn't going fast, not even 5mph, and no I wasn't doing anything crazy.

Luckily it wasn't to far of a walk back to camp for the night. However now my Jeep sat on the trail, Broke... Good thing was I had the ability the next day to get a ride to Springfield and grab all the parts I needed to swap out the steering box. Made the hike back in to the trail, and 3 hours later I was back up and driving. I carry a good selection of tools, bottle jack, hilift jack, and some common small spares. But we cant be prepared for everything.

So my question is....

What trail fixes have you done? How did you take care of the situation?

I know its always good to have another rig on the trail with you but sometimes that's not always an option.

20200215_123041.jpg

20200215_123047.jpg

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

Wow. I have never seen a gearbox shart break.... Even JB weld or duct tape wouldnt fix that. Lol