Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
SLO Rob, S.L.O_X, and I were chatting about mats today and their multiple uses came up.

What uses have you put, witnessed, or heard a trac mat being subject too?

Reactions: SLO Rob

Corbet

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Durango, CO
First Name
Corbet
Last Name
Hoover
Member #

I've only used mine in the snow. They worked great multiple times for different vehicles.

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

One time out in the snow I saw a truck with chains spin their tires on a pair of MaxTrax. The lugs were just melting and grinding away, destroying it in the process.

Stack two (or more) of your mats for more support when bridging small gaps.

Lipek

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Snow, mud and sand. I recently just picked a set of Treds. Similar to Max Trax and also Australian made. You could use them.for levelling up your vehicles if your have a RTT.

Sent from my D5833 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app
I'm not sure what you mean by leveling the vehicle but know that TREDs do not bend like Maxtrax and are very brittle in comparison. Below picture illustrates 3 broken sets of TREDs, a set of Maxtrax survived and did its job well. The best thing about TREDs is their warranty program lol.

Offroad Touring

Rank III

Advocate II

I'm not sure what you mean by leveling the vehicle but know that TREDs do not bend like Maxtrax and are very brittle in comparison. Below picture illustrates 3 broken sets of TREDs, a set of Maxtrax survived and did its job well. The best thing about TREDs is their warranty program lol.

Mmm interesting well ill give them some.good punishment this snow season and see how they fair!

Cheers

Sent from my D5833 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

Reactions: Lipek

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

I'm not sure what you mean by leveling the vehicle...
He means if the vehicle needs a corner lifted to make it sit level, you can stack them and park on top. That way you're not fighting gravity all night or rolling into the side of the RTT.

Reactions: FauxLux

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

I finally used my Maxsa Tracks this last weekend. @S.L.O_X was snatching a dually f350 with a loaded trailer with quads so I through my boards under the back sets of tires. I ran to stop some traffic, so I wasn't able to photo. I was mentally prepared they could possibly break. I should have tied a strap to them because they ended up really buried. BUT! They did awesome and I wish I'd seen how much they bent...

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

I finally used my Maxsa Tracks this last weekend. @S.L.O_X was snatching a dually f350 with a loaded trailer with quads so I through my boards under the back sets of tires. I ran to stop some traffic, so I wasn't able to photo. I was mentally prepared they could possibly break. I should have tied a strap to them because they ended up really buried. BUT! They did awesome and I wish I'd seen how much they bent...
I kid you not when I say we had our set of MAXSA bent into an L and popped back into shape.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app