Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Benton County, Iowa, United States
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Mell
Member #

I’m looking for a setup to secure traction boards to my rear Jeep tire that allows quick access. I want to be able to use my trasharoo. The idea I have is a bag system that sits behind my trasharoo allowing the boards to slide out and in. Anyone use a traction board bag like this or have other ideas to accomplish this?

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I’m looking for a setup to secure traction boards to my rear Jeep tire that allows quick access. I want to be able to use my trasharoo. The idea I have is a bag system that sits behind my trasharoo allowing the boards to slide out and in. Anyone use a traction board bag like this or have other ideas to accomplish this?
Blue Ridge Overland Gear has you covered....

Reactions: Turnerxc

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I saw those. Little pricy but might work. Any others?
Nothing but a hand held carry bag by Maxtrax. It doesn't have mounting straps. I will say that Blue Ridge overland gear produces a quality product. I have many of their internal storage systems in my Tacoma.

Turnerxc

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Nothing but a hand held carry bag by Maxtrax. It doesn't have mounting straps. I will say that Blue Ridge overland gear produces a quality product. I have many of their internal storage systems in my Tacoma.
Have several of their products. Great quality and awesome customer service.

Reactions: Abreu93 and Chadlyb

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Vector off road makes a sweet spare tire mount carrier for gas can ( fuelpax ) I believe you can mount traction boards as well with simple hardware. 02BE1916-103E-4185-8532-BA252E60AA79.jpeg

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

And Rotopax universal mounting plate for their cans will work for boards as well. Either a side mount on the passenger side of the spare tire or what you are looking to do, by putting it between the spare and trasharoo.

elizer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Northern Virginia
First Name
eli
Last Name
kim
Member #

You could use the maxtrax spare mount and put the trasharoo over it. I have both but have been too lazy to put it on.

Reactions: Turnerxc

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I have mine in front of my trash bag. And yes, the trasharoo must be removed to access the boards. I’ve been dragging them around now for 5 years and have yet to use them. Kinda like my heavy 1/2” tools, they are buried in a hatch compartment beneath everything. They’re there if I ever need them, but so far, they’ve yet to be used.. we pack things giving a high priority of practical usage in mind. If something is used often it is packed for easy access. So, you need to ask yourself, how often will I actually need to use the traction boards?

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I have a set if these sand tracks......

s-l300.jpg

I just havent figured out where to carry them yet on my Defender 90. I am considering cargo tracking and mounting on the drivers side of my vehicle. The passengers side has my awning

elizer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Northern Virginia
First Name
eli
Last Name
kim
Member #

Moak has it right. The things you use the most should be readily available. And honestly when its time to use the traction boards you are already stuck whats the rush? :grinning:

Reactions: Brewbud

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

This discussion about storing traction boards reminds me of a guy I met camping. He was talking about the mounts he made for his traction boards and giving me a bit of grief for not carrying any. His were mounted underneath his truck! I told him I have never had to use them in decades of wheeling and I hoped he wouldn't have to either because he was never going to be able to get to them. I do a lot of sandy desert travel but I avoid mud if I can. If my junk was more stock I would carry them.