Toyota Tacoma Registry

• HTML tutorial

PNWExplore

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bend Oregon
Member #

Any issues with the RTT on your canopy? May I ask what canopy that is and what research you did or thought about when you did a RTT? Thanks!!
Zero issues thus far with the RTT on my canopy. I has only been there about 5 weeks, but we have been up in some rugged roads and many bumps and have slept in it 3 nights already. The canopy is a SnugTop Xtra Vision.

I struggled a lot with whether or not the RTT would work on the canopy with weight restrictions canopies have. The RTT only weighs about 127lbs so it is below even the dynamic rating of the roof of the canopy. Its mounted to a Rhino Rack bar system. The tracks actually help to distribute the weight on the roof. It does "warp" a little with people in the tent(can only see if you look right down the track, but the canopy does not make any noises and goes back to normal when there is no one in it.

As for the RTT specifically. I knew what price point I wanted to be at (a close to $1K as I could) I also knew I wanted the Annex and that I wanted a wider one. I shopped all the different brands and compared fabric types and construction as well as price point. I ended up going with the FSR Medium Canopy from Free Spirit Recreation www.gofsr.com because it met all my needs and they are local so I was able to go into the showroom and talk to the guys there Super helpful people and very friendly. They make a great product at a very good price.

Reactions: dump and NetDep

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

Zero issues thus far with the RTT on my canopy. I has only been there about 5 weeks, but we have been up in some rugged roads and many bumps and have slept in it 3 nights already. The canopy is a SnugTop Xtra Vision.
One of the reasons I really like this community....thank you so much for taking the time for a complete and thorough reply. It helps a lot and as I consider my options gives me yet another option. Thanks and glad it is working out so well!!

18JLU

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Pueblo, CO
First Name
Justin
Last Name
DeCesaro
Member #

What w

2015 dcsb trd off-road. Homemade dual battery, autohome air top rtt, snug top rebel sportsman shell, us off-road winch mount, warn m8000s, bfg ko2s, icon ext travel coilovers and rear shocks, icon ucas, old man emu full Dakar leaf pack with extra leaf, edge star 43qt fridge on dometic slider, all pro rock sliders, arb awning

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
How was the witch mount install? Would you recommend the mount? Do the Allpro sliders stick out enough to use as steps?

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

What w

How was the witch mount install? Would you recommend the mount? Do the Allpro sliders stick out enough to use as steps?
the winch mount was easy, took a couple hours including wiring, the instructions were adequate but need to be followed or you’ll end up Doing things twice... i was able to install it myself with the help of a floor jack. I’ve put it to use a couple times, one was a pretty hard pull and it worked great. If you’re going for a light weight and incognito winch option I highly recommend it. The company was awesome to deal with and it was delivered a couple days ahead of time. I decided to rattle can it and the sliders instead of powder coating since I planned on using them and that has worked out as well. I’m probably due for some touch ups, but I’ve been able to camp every weekend lately so it’ll have to wait. the all pro sliders do stick out just enough to stand on, I use the kick out to stand on when I get inside the tent to get the ladder out when I’m setting up. They’re super tough, I’ve abused them pretty good on granite boulders in the Sierras and they have done the job perfectly. I am glad I had the kick outs, on a couple occasions they’ve pushed me away from certain body damage.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited: