Toyota Landcruiser Prado

• HTML tutorial

climbmnt

Rank 0

Traveler I

I own a LC100 series and interested on what you upgraded first on the vehicle? Suspension? tires? bumpers? I want to start planning my build (brand new at Overlanding) but want to do it in the correct order. Thoughts?

OthyKing

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Member #

I own a LC100 series and interested on what you upgraded first on the vehicle? Suspension? tires? bumpers? I want to start planning my build (brand new at Overlanding) but want to do it in the correct order. Thoughts?
Hey - tyres first, they give you the greatest ability to get off road. Your 100 Series is already very capable, provided it’s tyres are. Second, suspension - but get suspension at the start based on what you plan on having on the vehicle when your build is complete - saves you having too upgrade it 12 months later when you’ve added a heap more weight you didn’t account for. Snorkel would be next. Bar work to follow, then some internal storage (drawers / roof rack etc). That’s basically all you need to get off road. Don’t forget recovery gear (MaxTrax, winch etc if travelling solo). First aid kits are also often overlooked, but highly essential. Goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Arailt

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Great rig, the Prado. I’ve got a euro ‘12 3.0.

Reactions: OthyKing

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Yes, European. We have the underbody spare with a single or smaller fuel tank. I’m looking at a Kaymar rear bar to relocate my spare, or import a rear door from AUS. I would like to add an additional fuel tank.