Texas, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6CHI
I’m finally going to get around to building and posting on the resurrection and overland build of my 95 4Runner.
History: I’ve had this truck for about 4.5 years now. I had to have the engine rebuilt almost immediately to get it on the road and it was a great truck from then on. 2 years ago it had a rough 6 months I hit a huge deer that destroyed the factory bumper, grill, and headlight housings. I replaced the bumper with a winch bumper from Addicted Off-road which was like winning a prize. Except that a few months after that I had a ujoint suddenly fail on me at 70 mph, none of the typical vibration signs that I had learned early in my driving career to point it out before catastrophic failure. That took out the driveshaft, exhaust, and dented the gas tank and skid plate. At the time I didn’t have the money to fix it and couldn’t wait to source a junkyard one ( no where local had one). So it sat.

Fast forward to now. Over the last month I have torn down the interior for cleaning/ spraying Lizardskin and monstaliner while waiting for new parts to come in for other parts of the project. This last week I had time off and sprayed the exterior In monstaliner, installed the new driveshaft, and a new deep cycle AGM battery. It now runs on its own power and only needs the lights and bumper out on and the exhaust replaced and it will be drive-able. Although I have more plans for upgrades and there are still some mechanical issues that I’ll be working through from it sitting and both incidents.
As it sits currently.

Attachments

7YODA5

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Texas, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6CHI
Haven’t been around here for awhile and had to put the 4Runner project on the back burner till recently. But I’m happy to report it’s up and running! Still have a long list of things I need to do to keep it reliable but that’s half the fun with this rig.

Attachments

7YODA5

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Texas, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6CHI
This past weekend I found a 3rd gen 4Runner at a local junkyard pulled it off and trimmed it down about an 1inch in width to make it fit the roof of my 2nd gen.
Not the most high $$ roof rack but it’s plenty strong for what I need at this point and functional.
Here’s the before and after. For $40 I’m extremely happy as it’s something that I’ve felt was missing from the factory on my T4R.

Attachments

LRdisco1

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Doyle
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
This past weekend I found a 3rd gen 4Runner at a local junkyard pulled it off and trimmed it down about an 1inch in width to make it fit the roof of my 2nd gen.
Not the most high $$ roof rack but it’s plenty strong for what I need at this point and functional.
Here’s the before and after. For $40 I’m extremely happy as it’s something that I’ve felt was missing from the factory on my T4R.
Looks super goooood

Reactions: 7YODA5