Fred25246

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Louisiana
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nolan
So a few buddy’s and I are headed into the Ozarks at the South East corner for a few days in late May. We may have parking available in Marshall at a friend of a friend but it’s not a sure thing. We’re planning on staying at a hotel in Clinton the night before.
Where do you guys park your tow rigs while spending several days overlanding?

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

So a few buddy’s and I are headed into the Ozarks at the South East corner for a few days in late May. We may have parking available in Marshall at a friend of a friend but it’s not a sure thing. We’re planning on staying at a hotel in Clinton the night before.
Where do you guys park your tow rigs while spending several days overlanding?
Check with the hotel in Clinton. There are not many places to park more than overnite. Most municipalities have a 72 hour limit within the town limits. And parking more remote is likely to attract a different kind of attention. Is there a trail head parking lot where you are heading? Check with the local Chamber of Commerce, Visitor Center, 4x4 Parts Store.... every community likely has a different kind of welcoming committee.

Fred25246

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Louisiana
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nolan
We’re taking Jeeps. Mine is an 04’ TJ. It’s not a vehicle I want to drive at hwy speeds for 7.5 hours. I live in central Louisiana.
I’ll check with our hotel first, maybe a donation will get us a three day parking pass.

Last edited:

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Any walmart parking lot will let you park there. I see alot of people boondocking there ive also seen trucks with traìlers parked for multiple days. Might be a good idea to talk to the manager.

If you are paying for a room you should be able to park at the hotel if it has the room in the lot.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

We’re taking Jeeps. Mine is an 04’ TJ. It’s not a vehicle I want to drive at hwy speeds for 7.5 hours.
lol, I understand, I regularly do BC to CO with the doors off and rear glass up.
Not many people understand that form of AC.
DSC_0170.jpeg