Enthusiast III

Los Gatos
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Meadors
Member #

Hello OB Community

I am heading to the Toroweap Overlook area in late Spring. My plan is to drive into St George, UT from the Bay Area for the first leg. The next leg will be from St George to Toroweap.

I'm looking for some info on the best route to the campsite. I understand that there are 3 routes in. I would love to hear any advice anyone may have.

Thank you

Matt

Wooks

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Member #

We will be heading there in early May, I'll be happy to let you know what I find out.

Once you know your dates I would get the permit. We had no problem getting ours but I hear certain dates can fill up fast.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Matt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Gatos
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Meadors
Member #

We will be heading there in early May, I'll be happy to let you know what I find out.

Once you know your dates I would get the permit. We had no problem getting ours but I hear certain dates can fill up fast.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
That'd be great!

I do have my permit in hand already.

Enjoy the trip.

WestCoast Overlanders

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

My wife and I were at Toroweap last year. If you're coming in from St George on the #5 to Mt Tumbell you should find it pretty easy going. The Mt Trumbell school house is well worth stopping in to as it has a lot of the local homestead history of the area. The road continues over the Mt Tumbell area and is a wonderful drive, going up in to the alpine, then dropping back down to the Toroweap area. Only the last few miles are rough but your G Wagon shouldn't have any issues. Make sure you have good tires and a good spare. Airing down helps a lot. And campsite 1 and 2 are probably the best choices at the campground.