Toronto & Area Meetups

• HTML tutorial

Corey M.

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Toronto, ON
Member #

There has been some healthy discussion about an upcoming Toronto area meetup which now has a Rally Point Here. Of the active folks on that thread there were mainly Toronto and North West-ish (Bolton, Milton, Guelph, Kitchener, Orangeville). Discussion has evolved about possibly alternating between Toronto and West (say Milton) but need to hear from folks East of Toronto if there is interest from that area.

Traffic is definitely an issue for a weeknight meet no matter where we hold it, so one thought is smaller local is probably better. Perhaps separate smaller weeknight regional meet ups (Toronto, East Region and West Region) and then follow with a larger joint meet?

OR if multiple events across regions in one month is too much to manage or too frequent, possibly rotate over a three or four month cycle: North (Joint), City, North (Joint), West, North (Joint), East. I'd be inclined to try smaller meets more frequently so if someone can't make it they don't have to wait 3 months for the next one.

Thoughts on what has worked in the past? What folk prefer? What is already happening that folks may not be aware of? Winter vs. Summer schedules?

Intrepid Photographer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fergus, Wellington County, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Carson
Member #

There has been some healthy discussion about an upcoming Toronto area meetup which now has a Rally Point Here. Of the active folks on that thread there were mainly Toronto and North West-ish (Bolton, Milton, Guelph, Kitchener, Orangeville). Discussion has evolved about possibly alternating between Toronto and West (say Milton) but need to hear from folks East of Toronto if there is interest from that area.

Traffic is definitely an issue for a weeknight meet no matter where we hold it, so one thought is smaller local is probably better. Perhaps separate smaller weeknight regional meet ups (Toronto, East Region and West Region) and then follow with a larger joint meet?

OR if multiple events across regions in one month is too much to manage or too frequent, possibly rotate over a three or four month cycle: North (Joint), City, North (Joint), West, North (Joint), East. I'd be inclined to try smaller meets more frequently so if someone can't make it they don't have to wait 3 months for the next one.

Thoughts on what has worked in the past? What folk prefer? What is already happening that folks may not be aware of? Winter vs. Summer schedules?
I would be up for the smaller regional meets at first, then we can add a bigger Ontario meet once and a while on a weekend possibly?

I'm in Guelph and would be willing to help manage the west end meet. Do we have anyone from London that would be coming? We could do the meet in kitchener, since that would make it close to halfway for everyone?

Traveler I

I like the idea of doing a large meet up once an awhile to meet people from the east side of Toronto and hopefully find out about some areas that end to explore later on. The whole reason I joined this group it to find out about some area to explore and it has helped as I have planned on make a trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina this June.

Smaller local meets could also be done and I am in agreement in that they could be held during the week( unless as a group we decide to do a trip somewhere) and have large group meet up every now and then.

Farook Ismail

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Toronto Ontario Canada
First Name
Farook
Last Name
Ismail
Hello everyone resurrecting this thread is order to find out if there is or was there ever a monthly meet up scheduled for the Toronto area?
Just wanted to know.

And BTW if your in the Toronto area and would attend if there was please let me know.
thanks.

Intrepid Photographer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sean
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Hello everyone resurrecting this thread is order to find out if there is or was there ever a monthly meet up scheduled for the Toronto area?
Just wanted to know.

And BTW if your in the Toronto area and would attend if there was please let me know.
thanks.
It's definitely something that I would like to see get started. Now, I'm in Guelph, so I wouldn't be able to make a regular meeting in Toronto. Would you be interested in starting up a monthly meet up that would alternate locations? Guelph, Toronto, Barrie, etc?

Intrepid Photographer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sean
Last Name
Carson
Member #

I’m about an hour and a half north of Toronto, if there is anything a little closer I would be up for that.
Thank you for letting me know. I'm in the middle to figuring out when and where to meet. I will post a rally point soon to the New Year meetup and base it in a central area to hopefully get most of us started for the year.

I will create a new forum post for that rally meet, just to make it easy to find.

Cheers,
Sean P. Carson BFA

Reactions: Kent R and dhossk

dhossk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Atherley, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

Thank you for letting me know. I'm in the middle to figuring out when and where to meet. I will post a rally point soon to the New Year meetup and base it in a central area to hopefully get most of us started for the year.

I will create a new forum post for that rally meet, just to make it easy to find.

Cheers,
Sean P. Carson BFA
That would be awesome, I’ll keep my eyes open. Much appreciated!