Top three mods.

• HTML tutorial

BrunySpec

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Canberra, Australia
Member #

Australia has strict design rules with roadside inspections all the time, so I keep things (For the most, mild)

1. Changed Tyres
The stock Dueler AT's were the scariest I have ever owned (And that was in the dry!)
I have owned Grabber AT 2's, Yoko Geolanders and currently on BFG KO2's. 265 70 16 sizing gives it increased height, clearance and stance.
Have gone more negative offset this time (For beach driving) and love the aesthetics, also seems more planted.

2. 2" Suspension lift
While not a body lift it has reduced body roll along with an increase in downtravel and clearance... Win win.

3. OEM snorkel
This was put on after purchase but it is OEM product, engine definitely breathes better since install.

Would still do in that order as they are my must haves for any offroad vehicle I have ever owned.

E

expeditionnorth

1) rear Differential, transmission, front diff breather extensions, no good if you're sucking water into the mechanical even with a lift
2) auxiliary exterior lighting, front , rear, roof top sides
3) winch

even though I might have done the leveling kit & tires prior, these I felt are more important starting off if I had to do it over

Reactions: O.Dfj

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

So far, I'm still mostly stock, but the first two:
1. Tires
2. Suspension Lift.

I have sliders en route, and I'll probably finish armoring the undercarriage soonish. I feel like those three things are a good start, until I can afford a new rear bumper.

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

1. Larger tires/more aggressive tires, they have made a world of difference on the trail.
2. Lift kit - in order to fit the tires :)
3. Quick disconnects - also make a world of difference on the trial.

I would do everything the same again. At first I felt like a winch/bumper combo was top of the list, but after multiple trails I have never ran into the need for one so it's been sidelined until I pickup the build again.

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

1. Larger tires/more aggressive tires, they have made a world of difference on the trail.
2. Lift kit - in order to fit the tires :)
3. Quick disconnects - also make a world of difference on the trial.

I would do everything the same again. At first I felt like a winch/bumper combo was top of the list, but after multiple trails I have never ran into the need for one so it's been sidelined until I pickup the build again.
Its funny I needed a winch several times before I got one and now that I have one I havent needed to use it lol.

rking.1688

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Ohio
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
King
Member #

My first three planned mods (aside from restoration work) are:

1. Tires & Wheels - currently on the cheapest 235-75R15's someone could find.

2. Spring/Shocks - I need to smooth up the ride from old stock springs.

3. Raised Breathers - may put a snorkel on this list but haven't decided.

Reactions: Kelly

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

1: Tires. It's amazing what good tires will do for you.

2: Armor: Specifically rock sliders.

3: Suspension: Better approach, departure and break over angles; better articulation; better load carrying over rough ground.

If I had to stagger the mods, I would do them in this order. If I had a wad of cash to blow, I would do lift followed immediately by tires so I can get a larger size and finally sliders.

Reactions: Njtraveler

Njtraveler

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Hackensack, NJ
Member #

Here's my list for my 2013 lr4. Haven't been able to do them in the order I'd like, as my wife still thinks it's her DD.

1. Tires
2. Recovery gear (straps, cumalong)
3. Storage (rack, drawers, fridge for the beer)
4. Locker for the front
5.Armor
6. Winch
7. Lighting !

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

1. Recovery gear. At a minimum, a couple of tow straps and some d ring shackles.
2. Better tires (near in mind I said better, not necessarily bigger.) something better than the street slick type tires offered by oem manufacturer.
3. 12V fridge. I don't know how I ever lived without my fridge... Seriously. I don't think I can ever go back to an ice chest again...

yf9td

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Brandon Fl
Member #

Time- as in experience behind the wheel off the black top.
Tires- 265/75/16 cooper AT3s have served me very well
Comforts/conveniences custom drawer system to easily get gear and weathertech mats for easy clean up
Technically 4 things. But that's the order for me. :)

Reactions: Zargon