Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I haven't watched it yet, but was a big fan of the original (which wasn't even the original-original, the show actually started in '77). The "Specials" in the rebooted series were the best (in no particular order my favorites were probably the Afrika, Bolivia, Vietnam, and Polar specials... and heck I even enjoyed the USA special). The first time they tried to do a Top Gear America it was hit or miss... mostly miss but it found its stride at times. They even did some Overlanding:

When you watch the new one, just remember it won't be a serious Overlanding show, it's all about entertainment. ;)

-TJ

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Yeah the people they get for top gear america have always seem like they were forced to do it together where the BBC crew worked well together

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Randun

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Yeah the people they get for top gear america have always seem like they were forced to do it together where the BBC crew worked well together
It'll be interesting to see how Dax is. I see him in Glamis from time to time, and he has a pretty bad arse Tatum sand rail. But his wife is a super-libby...

-TJ

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I seen the new TGA was on motortrend, but I do not see the show listed when I look for it, where did you all see it at?

Jim

Reactions: M Rose

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

TGA is on FX, Hulu and YouTube TV
Not the new-new 2021 Top Gear America, you're thinking of the one with Rutledge Wood, Tanner Foust and Adam Ferrara. The new-new 2021 with Dax Shepard, Rob Corddry and Jethro Bovingdon is on the Motortrend App and I see it under "Must Watch", "New Episodes" and if I just search for Top Gear. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm leery. Dax seems like he'd be a good host, he always puts interesting cars in his movies and he even bought a Class 1 Tatum a few years back with dreams of running Baja, but quickly realized it was beyond him:

Dax's Roadmaster is pretty sweet too:

He ended up getting rid of that pretty quickly, but like I said he still has a Tatum sand rail and we see him in Glamis from time to time. Hopefully he keeps his wife's politics out of it (not sure if he shares her views). As for Rob Corddry, I always found him funny, and like is dry wit. He's pretty libby too (and made a point of pushing his politics in some of the shows he's been in since 2016) so I've sort of soured on him. Then there's Jethro. Jethro is definitely the most knowledgeable one in the group, and is the "driver" on the show. On some of the other MT shows they make a point of pushing the whole "he's the Brit, he hates American cars blah blah" thing and it gets old/annoying. We'll see how hard they play that card on the new TGA.

-TJ

Reactions: Randun
U

UgotWheelz

I have seen the trailer for the new show, looks like they may have refreshed the cast again, no more Rutledge. Nothing will even compare to the cast of the original UK version. Those blokes have worked together so long on various projects that they new what the others would do before they did it this helped with their delivery and comedic timing. Also they all had advanced driver training courses including driving schools with various manufacturers so they were able to drive cars that would be unobtainable by other TV journalists. Even with Hammonds two crashes. I have to send Em Clarkson a PM curious to see what Jeremey and the family think about these new spinoffs. Em drives a Ford Fiesta ST Mk 7.5 that has been tuned and is in the UK Fast Fiestas club.

Reactions: Randun and 9Mike2