Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
This stuff. I patched a burst radiator tank, finished my trip in Big Bend, then was able to drive 400 miles home.

View attachment 239695
Thanks Rex for sharing so I gues it now has a pernament place in your trail bag/roll?

Best wishes

Amanda

Reactions: Sparksalot

Shakes355

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Bellingham, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I keep a roll of stainless bailing wire in my kit permanently. Also take it on every camping trip in our other rig.

I've used it to hang broken exhaust and heat shields, secure hoses in lieu of clamps, lash down racks, cargo and broken hinges, keep tools together (box end wrenches, etc), fix camping chairs. I even used it to secure a broken middle leaf spring for a guy in an f150 (it was sliding out of the pack and roasting his tire). I could go on. I find it indispensable.

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
I carry a roll of "Rescue Tape" for various repairs.....and ever since I started carrying it, I haven't needed it!

Rescue Tape
I carry a roll of "Rescue Tape" for various repairs.....and ever since I started carrying it, I haven't needed it!

Rescue Tape
Hi Brian, its Sods Law! The moment you dont have it youll need it, you are now doomed to always carry Rescue Tape, maybe post a pic of it . Best wishes Amanda

Reactions: zgfiredude

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
I keep a roll of stainless bailing wire in my kit permanently. Also take it on every camping trip in our other rig.

I've used it to hang broken exhaust and heat shields, secure hoses in lieu of clamps, lash down racks, cargo and broken hinges, keep tools together (box end wrenches, etc), fix camping chairs. I even used it to secure a broken middle leaf spring for a guy in an f150 (it was sliding out of the pack and roasting his tire). I could go on. I find it indispensable.
Hi Chris, that such a versatile addition to the tool kit, a bit like zip ties, but the length/size you need is flexiable. Best wishes Amanda

Reactions: Alaska hermit

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

I carry daily a Leatherman Skeletool. The ergonomics are cursed and no aspect is comfortable to use, but it has a knife, wire cutter, standard pliers, needle nose pliers, 4 screwdriver bits, and a bottle opener all in a small form that clips in your pocket. I've broken it 3 times and was sent a new one free, under warranty. I lost one by carelessly leaving it on a hood after using it. I tried a comparable tool from Gerber first, but bought a new Skeletool after a month or so. It's not a tool you want to use all day, but it does so much so conveniently, I can't imagine being without one.

The knife blade is only swung out to illustrate placement. It stays securely folded closed and has a seer lock when open. I bought the CX shown below so it would be easier to sharpen, but I miss the serrated section on the model I lost.

1662307984152.png

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Here speaks another Leatherman fan. I always have my Wave with me and if I should forget it, I notice it immediately, because I really use it very often and that for many years.

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
These. 100%

I carry daily a Leatherman Skeletool. The ergonomics are cursed and no aspect is comfortable to use, but it has a knife, wire cutter, standard pliers, needle nose pliers, 4 screwdriver bits, and a bottle opener all in a small form that clips in your pocket. I've broken it 3 times and was sent a new one free, under warranty. I lost one by carelessly leaving it on a hood after using it. I tried a comparable tool from Gerber first, but bought a new Skeletool after a month or so. It's not a tool you want to use all day, but it does so much so conveniently, I can't imagine being without one.

The knife blade is only swung out to illustrate placement. It stays securely folded closed and has a seer lock when open. I bought the CX shown below so it would be easier to sharpen, but I miss the serrated section on the model I lost.

View attachment 239755
Hi Kevin, Thanks for adding this tool most appreciated, Best wishes Amanda

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I've carried this very Leatherman Super Tool in every vehicle I've owned since it was issued to me by the military in the early 90's. Couldn't think of not having it.

IMAG2277.jpg

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

I carried a Leatherman on the job for 20 years they are indeed painful to squeeze when using. I won't use one again if I have the right tool.

My most used tool has been a flashlight. I have a mini-mag in a holder strapped to my parking brake lever. My current fav is a Fenix rechargable LED, multi levels of brightness, waterproof( well that's what they say the seal over the power port is crap).

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF