Enthusiast III

Beerse, België
First Name
Laurens
Last Name
Hemeldonck
Member #

Hello everybody!

In less then 4 weeks we start our trip to Norway, i've been doing some google work about the toll roads and the registration for this.. Also read some stories about people who didn't register their vehicle and never got a bill.
What i found about the toll registration is Euro Parking Collection Euro Parking Collection plc where you can get an account, fill in your identifications and stuff. Then they will know where to send the bill.

anyone with expirience in Travelling in Norway and the toll situation?

Thanks allready for the help!

Laurens.

Mivida

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Netherlands
First Name
Sander
Last Name
Zeedijk
Member #

No experience. But we're going in July/August. So will follow this thread :wink:
I know you can buy a autoPASS and a toll tag which will also give you a discount at some places.

But the issue here is what toll road operator should you choose?

Think you've already found it, but better to share than not.
Visitors' Payment - AutoPASS

Hopefully someone can help you (us) further :blush:

Laurensvh

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Beerse, België
First Name
Laurens
Last Name
Hemeldonck
Member #

Hey,

Thanks for your reply!
Yes that's what I found. Don't need a tag for the windshield. It takes a picture of the license plate and you get the pictures and everything. And a few weeks later you get the bill I think.

It's the only I can find so I'll guess I just register the vehicle and plate and we will see then :).

I'll let you know when I get back how it went xD..

What is you route or plan?

Thx

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
We registered on our 2017 trip Euro Parking, all very easy and registered a credit card and got a bill about 2 months later and much cheaper than expected. Bottom line is if you are supposed pay tolls then you should pay them you also run a risk if you ever return of being caught.

Laurensvh

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Beerse, België
First Name
Laurens
Last Name
Hemeldonck
Member #

Hey,

Yeah, if it's supposed to you should (when reread my post it sounded a little differend :grinning:) Just looking for the right way to do it :)

Thanks

Mivida

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Netherlands
First Name
Sander
Last Name
Zeedijk
Member #

What I understood was that the tag works in all Scandinavian countries and Austria. But maybe only the registration does this also?
I'm curious how your registration and trip went.

We're planning to go through Germany (just passing) to Denmark (stay 1 night), Sweden (1 day/night, but maybe many more) and than enter Norway. In Norway we've not planned a route yet. We'll see I think. Wherever the roads may take us.
Eventually we'll take the boat from Oslo to Frederikshaven Denmark again. Than straight home in Holland again.

Do you have a specific route? And how long are you going to stay?

Reactions: Joey83

Laurensvh

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Beerse, België
First Name
Laurens
Last Name
Hemeldonck
Member #

Route as followed: Beerse(Belgium)-Hamburg(Germany)-Kiel(Germany)-Oslo(by Cruise/ferry)-Otta-Kristiansund-Molde-Geiranger-Sande-Flam-Odda-Bergen-Stavanger-Kristiansand-Hirthals(Denmark by Ferry)-Back home thru Denmark/Germany :). That's the route but it can change if we enjoy a place and decide to hang around longer or if we get lost (but not really lost) exploring the less used roads :).

Thats the plan min 21 days max 25 days.

Departure 25th May :).

(Could have said this in Dutch but i'll do it in English so everyone understands :) )

Mivida

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Netherlands
First Name
Sander
Last Name
Zeedijk
Member #

(Could have said this in Dutch but i'll do it in English so everyone understands [emoji4] )
Did the same here [emoji4][emoji6]

For us also around 21 days, departure July 28th. And hopefully exploring the less used roads

Which Toll service provider did you choose while registering?

Last edited:

vanlife4x4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hamburg, Germany
Member #

Hi,
there’s no need to do anything in advance. Just go there and whenever there’s a road or a bridge you have to pay for they scan your number plate and you will get a bill a few weeks later. This worked absolutely fine for me four years ago in Norway and this year in Sweden was the same.
The countless small ferries in Norway I payed by credit card, like nearly everything else in Scandinavia.

Have a good trip both of you, it’s so amazing up there.

Cheers

Arne

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Arne is absolutely correct, don't worry about the tolls roads ( highways ) you'll get a bill in the post weeks or even months after your trip.
But if you do decide to drive the smaller gravel toll roads, they are blocked with gates where you pay with a credit card. Prices vary on the smaller toll roads from 20kr to 180kr.

Todd.

Laurensvh

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Beerse, België
First Name
Laurens
Last Name
Hemeldonck
Member #

That's very good to know! Thank you guys very much! One question tho, are there many private roads that u can not use? And are these roads easy to recognize? (Might be a dumb question XD haha ).