Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
It’s called enjoying life. Here’s a picture of my buddy’s FJ and my Silverado at Joshua Tree! Where was your shot from, Utah!

View attachment 103254
I like your rig too Tim. I cant see much of it though. Question, do you sleep in your rig or do you have a tent,. I can barely see what looks like a trailer in front of your truck. Is that yours and what kind is it.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
They are 33in BFG KO2's
That's what I thought they were and why I like them . Very good choice. I'm also thinking about the KO3 if they are okay for hwy. use. Do you know anything about the KO3,.I know they are for mud and that's what I have a lot of, the slick clay type and not sure if the KO2's will cut it.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
What's that old saying? ''As soon as you get to your favorite, hardcore off road, camp site. Two weird chicks in a Subaru drive by.'' Kinda stings the ego to labor all day to get to a spot that box stock vehicles are already at. But there it is.

We need to remember, some overlanders concentrate on stock truck type trails, until their budget and upgrades catch up. I'm just fitting 35's on a stock truck, lifts and front locker come later. Select my trips accordingly for a couple years.

Tim Roberts

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Clarita, CA USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

What's that old saying? ''As soon as you get to your favorite, hardcore off road, camp site. Two weird chicks in a Subaru drive by.'' Kinda stings the ego to labor all day to get to a spot that box stock vehicles are already at. But there it is.

We need to remember, some overlanders concentrate on stock truck type trails, until their budget and upgrades catch up. I'm just fitting 35's on a stock truck, lifts and front locker come later. Select my trips accordingly for a couple years.
Two weird chicks in a Subaru, love it! I will have to remember that one!

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
If you bump into jeepers traveling together in Ocala National Forest (FL) anytime, ask them about that.

Every single time we thought we were waaaaay off the beaten track and setting up camp.........

Tim Roberts

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Clarita, CA USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

If you bump into jeepers traveling together in Ocala National Forest (FL) anytime, ask them about that.

Every single time we thought we were waaaaay off the beaten track and setting up camp.........
I can visualize the whole thing, to funny!

Reactions: MidOH

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

LMAO here. It's happened to me many times. I use to be the water man for our subdivision in my very rural community. One of our water tanks was up on the side of the mountain. The very poor road to get to it was as close to
being technical as you would find. I could barely make it to the tank for servicing and my helper couldn't even get up the hill in his 4x4 ford f150. One day I was up there servicing the tank and and I heard this high winding foreign sounding engine roaring behind me. It turned out to be my boss lady, 78 years old, driving up that road in a 2 wheel drive supra sports car.

• Haha
Reactions: 9Mike2 and MidOH