Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Walker
Member #

i'm happy with the old reliable poop bucket. got a home depot bucket with the luggable loo seat. i get the composting bags off amazon and it works nice to keep a couple rolls of tp and the bags inside the bucket when traveling, then set up the seat onto the bucket when getting to camp. its also nice having a full size shovel so its faster/easier to bury the composting bag after you're all done.

one thing i make sure to do is pee in a bush before sitting down. the less liquid in the bag, the better it will hold up while you do your business and until you can get the bag in the hole to bury it. also if you have the time, its nicer to dig the hole before hand, so that its a quicker process to get the bag from the bucket to the hole in the ground.

i like the 13 gallon bags so that you a lot of extra room to work with.

i also love it when you're out by yourself and can have a nice view while doing your thing.

Attachments

Nickel

Rank III

Pathfinder II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I have a lugable loo but found it to be too small (not the width, the length front to back. I picked up this a few weeks ago and used it this past weekend on a two day trip. About 3 inches longer and packs up nicely. Note I still brought the loo with me. I used it to store the dry bags, powder, and then used it to pack out the waste.

And yes I smiled like this while using it.