Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Ok so I have a smitybilt Scout and the two rear jacks are nice but the boot slips and actually I noticed bent when I was setting the trailer up the first time. I want to get a toe hitch jack, that would stabilize the triangle design. Not sure about you folks but the trailer sags to the left because the wheel jack is on one side. Anyone have this issue or solve it with a better design?

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Post a pic
Is it the length of the jack? Or the foot?
I ended up making a foot for the tow hitch because the wheel just does not work. It seemed the position of the wheel jack just does not support the weight. Maybe the cheap jack does not help. I still use the wheel but when parked and set it’s nice to level it out with the durablock.

Attachments

Mike P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

I ended up making a foot for the tow hitch because the wheel just does not work. It seemed the position of the wheel jack just does not support the weight. Maybe the cheap jack does not help. I still use the wheel but when parked and set it’s nice to level it out with the durablock.
Did that solve the sag?

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Did that solve the sag?
Actually yes! When at camp it’s nice to have a level rig again. The three points of contact as a tripod work out better than having two back flat legs and a wheel on the front. It add time to the set up and take down of the trailer but the piece of mind is nice knowing there is a sturdy spot up front.

Mike P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Actually yes! When at camp it’s nice to have a level rig again. The three points of contact as a tripod work out better than having two back flat legs and a wheel on the front. It add time to the set up and take down of the trailer but the piece of mind is nice knowing there is a sturdy spot up front.
Nice! It's great solving issues without breaking stuff or spend. Lots of $$$$$ on a simple fix!

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Anyone have any intested in one? I have an extra jack and some durablocks.