Advocate II

Ripley QLD, Australia
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Fredericks
Member #

Hello hello hello!

Recently I have been haunted by the same debate in my head and I need some outside opinions!

So I currently have a Kings sliding pantry in my canopy (the only person in the country to have one in their vehicle I might add, and who doesn't love a bit of exclusivity :wink: )

However the idea of a full size slide out kitchen has been weighing on my mind. The idea of added bench space and a permanent sink really gets me interested however weight and cost are holding me back.

The Kings pantry is approx 30kgs and did not cost me an arm and a leg (perks of the job right). It gives me an easy access slide out table but it is small, and I usually utilize a separate table in addition to the slide out one when cooking while camping.

The two full size kitchens I am considering are

1. Buy Kitchen Slide - V2 | Ridge 4x4

2. MW Slide Out Kitchen Canopy Kitchen Style Ⅰ | MW Toolbox QLD

Has anyone used a full slide slide out kitchen and what was your experience? Was it worth the weight and cost?

cheers!

IMG_1668.jpgIMG_1667.jpg

Reactions: k9sar

lukes3415

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Townsville
Member #

Jack I have had a serious look at slide out kitchens over the last few months and decided to build my own as it will fit my personal needs better. The two kitchens that you are talking about were on the top of my list and I was leaning towards the MW as it had more features.

Reactions: JackAttack

rtexpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Treloyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK7VWK
Hello hello hello!

Recently I have been haunted by the same debate in my head and I need some outside opinions!

So I currently have a Kings sliding pantry in my canopy (the only person in the country to have one in their vehicle I might add, and who doesn't love a bit of exclusivity :wink: )

However the idea of a full size slide out kitchen has been weighing on my mind. The idea of added bench space and a permanent sink really gets me interested however weight and cost are holding me back.

The Kings pantry is approx 30kgs and did not cost me an arm and a leg (perks of the job right). It gives me an easy access slide out table but it is small, and I usually utilize a separate table in addition to the slide out one when cooking while camping.

The two full size kitchens I am considering are

1. Buy Kitchen Slide - V2 | Ridge 4x4

2. MW Slide Out Kitchen Canopy Kitchen Style Ⅰ | MW Toolbox QLD

Has anyone used a full slide slide out kitchen and what was your experience? Was it worth the weight and cost?

cheers!

View attachment 255800View attachment 255801
I'm not going to influence your choices. I generally make my own, mainly because nothing off the shelf fits easily in my vehicle.

But I do have a question:
How much battery capacity do you have to run that induction hotplate?

JackAttack

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Ripley QLD, Australia
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Fredericks
Member #

I'm not going to influence your choices. I generally make my own, mainly because nothing off the shelf fits easily in my vehicle.

But I do have a question:
How much battery capacity do you have to run that induction hotplate?
I currently have 400AH of lithium however in the past I got away with 200AH of lithium. To comfortably support the induction I would recommend at least 300AH.