TJM recovery kit sale

• HTML tutorial

Bob K

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

long beach , california
Member #

if you need a recovery kit summit racing has a clearance sale on the TJM kit $128.00 i just recieved mine.

mine came with a snatch strap but i dont see it listed in the included parts list

Tow Strap Included:Yes

Winch Strap Included:Yes

Tree Trunk Protector Included:Yes

Pulley Block Included:Yes

Bow Shackles Included:Yes

Bow Shackle Quantity:2

D Shackles Included:No

Gloves Included:Yes

Chain Included:No

Bag Included:Yes

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tjm-867tjmrekit2

Bob K

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

long beach , california
Member #

i just looked at my kit and the straps that are in it, looks likes like tow strap is the snatch strap
the straps have id tags on them.

tree protector
snatch strap
winch strap

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Snatch strap = tow strap no?
No. The short version is snatch strap=springy/easy on gear. Tow strap=rigid, better for towing (example, flat towing another disabled rig).

Running start with snatch strap=super recovery power, running start with tow strap=maybe jerky recovery maybe no more recovery point/tow strap

Sent from my Nexus 6P using OB Talk mobile app
Edit to clarify: I just re read this and realized it sounds super condensending, which was not the intention, I was mearly attempting to add some humor to a semi serious topic

Reactions: Wide Five Aaron

Wide Five Aaron

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Litchfield, OH
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Badertscher
Member #

Ordered mine yesterday and got it today. Nice heavy kit. Confirming the snap strap. Comes with instructions/safety sheet for using a snatch strap. Luckily they have big boys in mind.... Gloves were size XL (nice gloves too) and there's a hat too that fit my big goofy head well.

Bag is nicer than expected, lots of pockets/places for tools and such. Looks like all my normal tools I carry in another bag will fit this one, so less clutter in the rig.

Definitely feel a lot better prepared for a recovery situation now with proper gear.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using OB Talk mobile app