tires

• HTML tutorial

GrayM137

Rank I

Contributor III

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone ever had any problems with Nokian Rotiiva tires? I bought a set of 285/75's for my vehicle. The shop that put them on told me they were "barely round". Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with them. Thanks have a great day

Scarab

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hastings - England
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M6ZZS
I've had a lot of Nokian's over the years and have never had any problems, sounds like they might have been stored incorrectly perhaps or something?

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

As the above thread reply - sounds like they have been stored incorrectly, and become "warped" or strained, due to incorrect storage loading.

What is the date on the tire?
Are they old...

If they don't provide a smooth ride, or you are unsure about their safety, I suggest you take them to an independent tester, to gain peace of mind.
Better safe than sorry.

If they are found to be defective, you probably have the right to return to the shop that supplied them, and gain a refund / swap.

Good Luck !!!

KarrbonFiber

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Karr
Member #

Yeah check the date. Cause older tires that have been stored incorrectly for long periods of time will get "memory" in the tire.

The tire above would of been made the 16th week in 2012. Typically you don't want a new tire more than a year old (for the common sizes), and I get new tires every 8 years regardless if they've been worn down.

GrayM137

Rank I

Contributor III

As the above thread reply - sounds like they have been stored incorrectly, and become "warped" or strained, due to incorrect storage loading.

What is the date on the tire?
Are they old...

If they don't provide a smooth ride, or you are unsure about their safety, I suggest you take them to an independent tester, to gain peace of mind.
Better safe than sorry.

If they are found to be defective, you probably have the right to return to the shop that supplied them, and gain a refund / swap.

Good Luck !!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I will definitely be doing that

Reactions: Neil Q Smith