Tires

• HTML tutorial

Eabmoto

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle
i just purchased a 2000 Tundra. For the light trail driving that I’ll be doing in the immediate future, I think it’ll be fine left stock. I do however think I would benefit from some more aggressive tires. I know the Ko2’s Perform great and look cool but it seems a waist when most of my driving will be on paved roads. Any recommendations for a tire with adequate traction off road and still practical on road? Also, I plan on putting those tires on new , steel wheels. It’s a fairly cheap and practical way to upgrade the look... I like the look of the steel wheels.

Catzuk

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
David
Last Name
Ward
Member #

I'd suggest looking at the Cooper at3, Toyo Open Country at2's or the procomp sport at's or similar. They offer good offroad traction, durable construction and all offer 50-65,000 mile warranties. The BFG Ko2 is a great tire and holds up to road mileage pretty decent as well however.

Look at the Good Year Duratrak as on option as well. They are in Canada by far and way the most popular All season (and**) snow flake rated all terrain tire available.

I’ve ran them on multiple vehicles and in all types of terrain. Sand, snow, mud, clay, plenty of water crossings in nice soft earth. They absolutely eat it up wet or dry and don’t turn into hockey pucks in the cold.

I’ll be putting another set on my Hilux in the coming weeks, worth considering as an option I’d think.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

The Duratrac is a great tire, traction is better than the KO2 (ran two nearly identical rigs, one with the KO2, one with Duratracs on the same trail) but I've seen more Duratracs with cut sidewalls. I don't think the carcass is as strong, but they have 2/32" more tread depth from the factory and a softer compound for better grip.

It's a trade off, either way.