Not open for further replies.

sapietrzak

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Pietrzak
I am in the near soon future in need of new tires. I am currently on MTR with kevlar, although I love them with how capable they are I am doing more highway driving than I would like. My vehicle does see everything from snow, mud, rock, sand and whatever else comes in front of me. I am just seeing what everyone else is running and why. I am looking at both all terrain and mud terrain.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Randy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakley, CA
Member #

There's no single tire that can handle all of that. Multiple use tires will always be a compromise.

At one point purchased a set of highway tires, and a set of off-road tires. My off-road tires were Super Swampers. My highway tires were BFG A/T's. I loved those Super Swampers. They were the bias-ply (non-radial) version. I could air them down to 8psi and not worry about losing a bead. They took me over the Rubicon and had great adhesion to the rocks. They also did great one snow over dirt or deep snow. NOT so great on the highway, and not good with ice. The BFG A/T's excelled on the freeway and handled snow/ice on asphalt very well. I would only air them down to 12 psi and they didn't have the soft compound to grip the rocks.

Now- I'm using a compromise set of tires. Maintaining two sets was just cost prohibitive.

Dylan Cave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Frisco, Texas
Member #

I'm running 33" Toyo MTs....because my wife won't let me get 35" Toyo MTs until the current set wears out.

Sorry, couldn't resist lol

Instagram: @dhcave

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

I'm running Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. I love them off road and in the snow, but I'll probably get the load range E when I buy a new set though. I haven't had an issue with my C's but I wouldn't mind some more piece of mind. I'm also looking at getting 50-55k miles out of them. The only other tire I'm considering are the Cooper ST Maxx, but I have no reason to speak poorly about the Duratracs. The Cooper's are just another option I like that you could look into.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: BCBrian

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I run General AT2's because they were a good mix of AT and street manners. I wish they were better in the sticky mud but that's not the end of the world, I just have to be smart about how I take an obstacle. I daily drive my Truck so I wanted and got what I expected. I was going to step into the Grabber red letters but that adds another 12lbs per tire and that's not acceptable for my truck.

I have no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.