bee_CO

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Bee
Last Name
Bee
What are your needs and uses?

I have 32" Goodyear Duratracs, I think they are a good blend for a daily driver but still offroad capable, and aggressive tread and sidewall. Also winter rated if you live where it snows.

BrandonY

Rank 0

Traveler I

What are your needs and uses?

I have 32" Goodyear Duratracs, I think they are a good blend for a daily driver but still offroad capable, and aggressive tread and sidewall. Also winter rated if you live where it snows.
I live in Central Texas so mainly dry wooded trails like our deer lease but nothing too intense since it's only a 2wd with a locker and gears.

E

expeditionnorth

I plan on running a 33x10.5x17 or 33x12.5x17 and just hoping to see what people are running in similar size
if its on the GMC you have in your profile pic 12.5's will rub stay with the 285/70/17s, I run the BFG TA KO's in that size & adore them

they wear like nails

for the 12.5s you'll need spacers or different offset rims which has more problems than rewards I say

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
275/70-17 BFG AT/KO2's on the 2016 4Runner TEP

BFG also makes an AT/KO2 in a 34/10.50-17

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
I absolutely loved my 305/65/17 Pro Comp Xtreme MT. They did amazing year round on and offroad. I put nearly 35K on them and then moved to 35s and the next owner has put 20K more on and they are now finally in need of replacing.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I've heard Pro Comp Xtreme MTs are good too. I know you pay a lot for the name, but I like BF Goodrich All-Terrain t/As. They're purday. No complaints on function or wear.

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

I have 275/70/18 KO2 and by far the best tire I have had. I do a lot of stuff with mud and they clear out well and have amazing road handling. Also I travel to west Texas a lot for work. A bunch of the oil field trucks run them and the guys just love them. Never heard of any of them getting a flat on their work trucks.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

285 75R16's BFG KO2's on my Xterra. So far I am really impressed. We completed a 6000km road trip this past summer with some great off-roading thrown in for good measure and they handled everything fine. Great on-road manners and not very loud at all.

Reactions: boss324

Fatsquatch

Rank III

Advocate II

Des Moines, IA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Thompson
I ran Federal Couragia MTs on my Montero, did great all year round. A bit noisy on the highway but that's the nature of a mud terrain. They wore prettg good, though. I liked em so much I'll probably put em on the Explorer.

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

I have ran Duratracs (33"), MTR/K (35") and BFG KM2 (35"). So far I prefer the MTR/K, asides from having them balanced.. but that's another story. They run nice on and off road, give me decent MPG, oddly and aren't very loud (even though I prefer a loud tire).

While I haven't run KO2's, I don't think you can go wrong with them based on what I've seen. +1 for KO2's if you're looking for an AT and +1 for MTR/K if you're looking for a mud tire.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

I run nitto terra grappler on the 4runner and cooper st maxx on the f250... both have their high marks... but the cooper is my favorite. It is a great mix of tread design and has been great in many applications. Pretty dang quiet too...

I had Hancook dynapro mt one time.... the get real loud.

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Yup have a GMT800 2500 Burb and have 285/75/16 you will need to key your truck so they won't rub. Id recommend getting Congnito UCS and their steering brace. GM steering will loosen up with the larger tires.

Also the BFG K02 AT are great on and off toad, quit ride nice and have good traction and sidewall for off road.

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

That GM steering made me mad one day.

Driver Drop D60
ORD 36.5" Leaf SAS kit

Done and done
Nice! You don't fool around the IFS is the weak link. Gonna try replacing with HD components from Congnito first. I do like the ride quality though and beefed up will meet all my needs.

Reactions: IronPercheron

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Nice! You don't fool around the IFS is the weak link. Gonna try replacing with HD components from Congnito first. I do like the ride quality though and beefed up will meet all my needs.
They had great stuff!

The differential itself failed before i finally went full swap.

Broke the mounts off the casing. Front diff was just flopping around in the crossmember.