Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

One caution about the tank vs the ARB twin, and only cause it just happened to us while on the trail, the ARB twin gets VERY hot when pushing this much air and the hose melted and popped because it was too close to the heat fins. Had to use two other viaairs to finish the job. Both jeeps, f250 and f150 35-39” on tanks had no issues. $.02 nothing more
had the same thing happen with a hose on a Smittybilt compressor. it want cut down a few times and fixed on the trail because it blew holes in the line lol.
My friend was doing exactly that, but we filled the tires almost before he cut the hose and refit hardware. He’s gonna rig up a spacer with a 90 deg coupler for a new hose. Just sucks when it happens on the trail. Another guy kept his in a Husky box and it melted his box, lol. So he ended up mounting it in the side of his bed (fingers crossed), we’ll see how that goes.

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

hello, folks. deflating and inflating seems to be one of the basic things you need to do when driving off road. I have a 2019 Ram 3500 that I just put 35" tires on and inflating them up just 25psi takes forever. about 15-20 minutes a tire. multiply that by 4 and that's too long for me.

right now I use the Viair 40047 400p-RV air compressor....a great set up....just not great for me. does anyone have any advice on what direction I should go? whether I should go with something like an ARB CKMTA12 twin on board air compressor or maybe try Co2? or if I'm using what I got wrong in any way, please let me know.

any help would be appreciate. thanks!
Have you thought about a reserve tank on you current system? I have a buddy that has a Viair 400 with a tank he goes from 25 +or - to 65 in about 10 mins. all 4 tires .It takes me 20 to do the same. It dos take up space. If you want fast caned air is the way to go.
I saw a guy use a Propane tank to fill a tire, called it farmers air. I would never even think of doing this.