Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Let me know if this works for you. Didn't know it would link it like that, anyways if you download it that's my last trip there.

I don't see anything. I also contacted the Columbia River Gorge National Park Headquarters, and they stated that I do not need to get an OHV permit for my 4Runner to be on the gravel and off road trails. That permit is only required for ATV's. @Snowtrout

Last edited:

Nathan morrison

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Port orchard, wa
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Morrison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kg7jnl
Did Tillamook in my x at the end of April. LOVED IT. I was camping at sand lake for the Sand's fleas rally. Had so much more fun at Tillamook than in the dunes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app

Ezalis

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Portland, OR
Member #

There's a ton of great spots out in Tillamook for softroading all the way to truck crushing. If anyone ever wants a route planned or trail conditions let me know; I'm usually out there once a month and plan routes for our Jaguar Land Rover R&D office and the Pacific Coast Rover Club.

This is what it looked like on Wednesday.

BobFJ55

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello Ezalis, Hopeing to head into the TSF around Henry Hagg Lake tomorrow (Wednesday) with my son-in-law to do a quick introduction then again on Saturday with my son who will be visiting from San Francisco. Looking on an Oregon Benchmark Map it looks like there are gates on the Scoggins Valley Road so maybe head west on the Roaring Creek Road to Barney Reservoir then the N Fk Trask River Rd Sunday Creek Road to gain some altitude. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

So Trixter404 and myself did some exploring/wheeling/camping around Tillamook State Forest in Western Oregon this weekend. It rained. It snowed. It sleeted. We had a blast. Tillamook is both a scenic state forest and tourist destination AND a designated OHV park. It was my first wheeling trip to Oregon and well worth the trip.

Most of the pictures of my X were taken by Trixter (hence the generally higher quality and clarity) while most of the pictures of Trixter's X were taken by me (on my cell phone while balancing a breakfast burrito in the same hand).

There was quite a bit of snow and mud on many of the trails, which coupled with some steep hill climbs made them quite fun. The Xterra continues to impress me with its ability with a good set of tires and a modest lift. Trails that I literally could barely walk up because of the slippery terrain, the X crawled right up with very few issues. I know Steve (Trixter) shares that sentiment.

Here's a picture Trixter took of our eventual campsite, adjacent to a wide and fast flowing creek. Steve got the opportunity to test his new RTT this weekend, which I'm sure was appreciated considering the incessant rain.

Many an innocent beer can were crushed on this site.
Looked like an epic time, wish we had went that way when we traversed from Northern Washington to Southern California. Went down by Mt. Hood and Cater Lake instead, next time!