Thoughts on Revtek lift?

• HTML tutorial

Lepik

Rank II

Advocate II

Colorado
Was at the local toyota dealership yesterday and parts Manager stopped me. Said they are offering a deal on a 3" Revtek Lift. He said parts and labor out the door would be 1k. To me that seems pretty reasonable.

What are your thoughts on RevTek suspension? He said this was only brand Toyota endorses and does not mess with warranty.

Is that a fair price or could I find cheaper through local dealer.

Thanks everyone

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
They are lying to you, I would not waste that money.....
I would familiarize yourself with this first,
https://www.google.com/search?q=magnuson+moss+warranty+act+aftermarket+parts&oq=Magnuson-Moss+Warranty+Act&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i71k1l4.0.0.0.10393.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0.GPJJCtpk1uY
Then look at a dedicated Forum for your rig to see what others have and are using for what you want to due. I am on my third suspension system in 117,000 mi on the FJ and the last one so far is working the best (Fox 2.5 internal res coils and Camburg UCA and diff drop kit, fr. Fox 2.0 Icon superflex coils with slider lower control arms from metaltech 4x4 and Panhard bar by Califabrication, rear). No spacers!!! If budget is the question then save for the one that works. Your truck in stock form will do amazing stuff, If you have stock plastic running boards remove them. If you have street tires install an AT tire. If you have any questions please reach out, I wish you luck let me know...

Reactions: Lepik

Lepik

Rank II

Advocate II

Colorado
Hey thanks so much for the quick reply. I thought this might be the answers specially when they said 1k with install. I don't wanna go the cheap route since this is brand new.

I did add some Hankook DynaPro ATM's to at least get me more off-road. Way better than the stock car tires that came. I think you are right with the side rails. Need something heavy duty and not air so low.

Thanks for the advice. I'm glad I did not sign up there at the store for anything. I'm not going to be huge in to 4x4, just looking for upgrades that will make our overland type camping trips more pleasurable and not needing to worry to much about terrain

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

Saints&Sailors

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Hey thanks so much for the quick reply. I thought this might be the answers specially when they said 1k with install. I don't wanna go the cheap route since this is brand new.

I did add some Hankook DynaPro ATM's to at least get me more off-road. Way better than the stock car tires that came. I think you are right with the side rails. Need something heavy duty and not air so low.

Thanks for the advice. I'm glad I did not sign up there at the store for anything. I'm not going to be huge in to 4x4, just looking for upgrades that will make our overland type camping trips more pleasurable and not needing to worry to much about terrain
I have a set of Hankook DynaPro ATMs on my Jeep. I've owned a lot of tires (BFG ATs, two sets of Goodyear MTRs, Goodyear GSAs, etc.) and these Hankooks are by far the best value I've had. Great traction in the snow, great off-road, great highway tire too. I have over 30k miles on mine and they still have tons of tread left (I'm not anywhere near the halfway point). I wouldn't be surprised if they lasted well over 60k miles whereas my BFG ATs and MTRs both were shot by 30k miles.

Reactions: Lepik

Lepik

Rank II

Advocate II

Colorado
I have a set of Hankook DynaPro ATMs on my Jeep. I've owned a lot of tires (BFG ATs, two sets of Goodyear MTRs, Goodyear GSAs, etc.) and these Hankooks are by far the best value I've had. Great traction in the snow, great off-road, great highway tire too. I have over 30k miles on mine and they still have tons of tread left (I'm not anywhere near the halfway point). I wouldn't be surprised if they lasted well over 60k miles whereas my BFG ATs and MTRs both were shot by 30k miles.
Hey thanks for that confirmation. I through mine on a couple weeks ago and I really like them. They don't look as beefy as the KO2's but I heard those don't get much life. The aha looks seem like a good balance between life, function and look.