• HTML tutorial

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

#trashtalk
We finally broke down and became "real" overlanders by buying a Trasharoo. UPS just dropped it off, opened the box, THIS THING IS FREAKIN' HUGE! We definitely don't need anything near this big! It's going back. Any suggestions on a bag about half this size? We went with the Trasharoo over others comparable to it because of its higher quality buckles. If we can't find a smaller one that's made as tough we'll just take some rope and hang a potato sack off the back. :) trasharoo copy.jpg
#trasharoo #toomuchgarbage #needonesmaller

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
#trashtalk
We finally broke down and became "real" overlanders by buying a Trasharoo. UPS just dropped it off, opened the box, THIS THING IS FREAKIN' HUGE! We definitely don't need anything near this big! It's going back. Any suggestions on a bag about half this size? We went with the Trasharoo over others comparable to it because of its higher quality buckles. If we can't find a smaller one that's made as tough we'll just take some rope and hang a potato sack off the back. :) View attachment 106285
I was thinking of buying the same one, same color for my truck. That IS huge! It's still on my Amazon Wishlist lol.

Kilo Sierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Warren, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Seaverson
Member #

Yeah,a great Product from Canada,the G.A.R.B bag from northbound expéditions.
Many colors avaiable.

View attachment 106445
Interesting design. I just checked their website and it looks like only Coyote and Black are available right now. Really like the Green though.

Currently have a Truck Ruck that I'll be testing out once I get the Tire Carrier installed.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

#trashtalk
We finally broke down and became "real" overlanders by buying a Trasharoo. UPS just dropped it off, opened the box, THIS THING IS FREAKIN' HUGE! We definitely don't need anything near this big! It's going back. Any suggestions on a bag about half this size? We went with the Trasharoo over others comparable to it because of its higher quality buckles. If we can't find a smaller one that's made as tough we'll just take some rope and hang a potato sack off the back. :) View attachment 106285
I thought the same thing when mine showed up as well-damn this thing is big! It was so inexpensive compared to most other bags that I went ahead and mounted it anyway. I've had it for about a year now and it's been perfect. It's held up well, served it's purpose, and after it's mounted for awhile it tends to grow on you. Doesn't seem as big as it did when I initially installed it!

Contributor I

MI, USA
I've used a piece of canvas wrapped around my 35 Gal trash bags and lashed to a trailer hitch cargo mat....firewood in with trash out on.a quick trip. Works pretty well if your not using the hitch receiver for something else and wood in/trash out sounds like a winning combination. That said my truck has the spare tire mounted underneath so I couldn't use the Trasharoo or the G.A.R.B without adapting.

Reactions: Poseidon

maxboxa

Rank 0

Contributor I

SF Bay Area
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Johnson
i had a burlap sack with a grommet that worked until it fell apart. i like the size of my trasharoo. if that's too big for you, check out spiderwebshades trail trash bag.

Reactions: Poseidon

Poseidon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Wetumpka , Alabama
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Camp
Member #