Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Looks like an epic trip planned. I want to get to Glacier NP so badly. I'd love to spend a month up there photographing and hiking. Wish I could call in sick to work for a month this summer and head there. Looking forward to seeing your photo essay when your done.

Reactions: WUzombies

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

Looks like an epic trip planned. I want to get to Glacier NP so badly. I'd love to spend a month up there photographing and hiking. Wish I could call in sick to work for a month this summer and head there. Looking forward to seeing your photo essay when your done.
I went in 2009 and it is staggering, I can't wait to be back. This time I have a much better idea of what, where and how I want to photograph. Without a plan it can be overwhelming with all the beautiful mountains, wild life, waterfalls, lodges...it is all just amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShawnR

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

We wanted to go to Glacier on last fall's trip, but when it came time to head that way, some roads were already closed. Plus, I knew Deb was getting to the point of thinking about going home, so I knew we wouldn't be able to spend near enough time there. With our daughter in college in Seattle, I'm sure we'll be taking that trip a few more times, so we'll go on one of those.

Reactions: WUzombies

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

Last time we We're there the first week in June, this time we'll be there the third week in June. That time the GTTSR was closed in the middle due to Avalanche damage, but we were able to loop around outside of the park to get to St. Mary's. Hopefully we will fall in the magical time between stuff being accessible and before the crowds really hit. *fingers crossed*

I will be posting up a timeline incase anyone is close and wants to drop by camp. As of right now I think the group will be running simplex in the 2M band, probably not 145.520 to keep that channel clear, but we haven't nailed that detail to the floor yet.