This is how we Overlanders celebrate St Patrick's Day here in Ireland!

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Ireland
You might think St Patrick's Day parades in Ireland would be good, but outside of the capital Dublin, they're shocking. So instead of standing in the bitter cold watching commercial vehicles go by with a bit of bunting stuck to them we decided to go stay at a log cabin and do some extreme off-roading instead! Slainte!
Hope you guys enjoy the video, there are plenty more on the channel for you to have a look at. If you like what we are doing then we would really appreciate if you took the time to subscribe to our channel and if you're feeling extra kind hearted, even share it on your facebook. We are chasing 1000 subscribers and we are 40% of thew way there.

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Like the rigs, what is the make of the tiny one? Looks like the love child of a Suzuki samurai and a ford festiva :) and your dog is awesome. Subscribed as well, keep up the great offroad vids.

Enthusiast III

Ireland
Thanks guys, and seriously appreciate the sub, the battle to get to 1000 has been long!

The tiny 4x4 is a Suzuki Jimny. Extremely capable little things, he has pulled me out numerous times and I'm the one driving the 3 ton Discovery. The only problem he usually has is when the track is really tight and the ruts are deep, his track is much narrower than our vehicles and if he cant go on a different line he bottoms out in the middle because his tyres are so small.

Reactions: Arailt

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

You might think St Patrick's Day parades in Ireland would be good, but outside of the capital Dublin, they're shocking. So instead of standing in the bitter cold watching commercial vehicles go by with a bit of bunting stuck to them we decided to go stay at a log cabin and do some extreme off-roading instead! Slainte!
Hope you guys enjoy the video, there are plenty more on the channel for you to have a look at. If you like what we are doing then we would really appreciate if you took the time to subscribe to our channel and if you're feeling extra kind hearted, even share it on your facebook. We are chasing 1000 subscribers and we are 40% of thew way there.
Another great @Donegal Overlanding video! You got some mad skills, yo.

Malamute

Rank 0

Traveler I

Following this thread. Hope to visit Eire one day. Didnt realize there were places to offroad and explore unsettled country, but makes sense, thanks for sharing a bit of your neighborhood.

Ive seen some information about abandoned churches and tower houses that intrigued me, have you explored/visited or camped at any such places? Have any videos or suggestions for places to visit where one can camp?

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Great video. Subbed as well.

We had a more pedestrian St. Patrick's Day. Spent the day at the SPD parade in the Irish Channel in New Orleans. Drank waay too much green beer. BUT, we did go to the parade in my FJ Cruiser. Does that count as overlanding? :-)

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

Like the rigs, what is the make of the tiny one? Looks like the love child of a Suzuki samurai and a ford festiva :) and your dog is awesome. Subscribed as well, keep up the great offroad vids.
Looks like a Suzuki Jimny. They are very popular outside the US - solid front and rear axle, coil suspension, proper 4wd, and body-on-frame construction.

I got to see one at the Taipei auto show several years ago. It was tucked away in a back corner and pretty much ignored. I think the Suzuki reps were really confused by the 6'4" bearded American sasquatch who was really excited over their little SUV.

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Looks like a Suzuki Jimny. They are very popular outside the US - solid front and rear axle, coil suspension, proper 4wd, and body-on-frame construction.

I got to see one at the Taipei auto show several years ago. It was tucked away in a back corner and pretty much ignored. I think the Suzuki reps were really confused by the 6'4" bearded American sasquatch who was really excited over their little SUV.
I'm sure they where! Be like the old police academy movie when officer Hightower rips the front seat out of the car and sits in the back one to drive...LMAO! But all jokes aside if its anything like the Sammi then its probably a great little rig.