Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Just don’t drive it out on a bomb range like a couple of guys in Utah did a while back.

It blowed up real good.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Took a rental from Vegas to king of the hammers a couple years ago. Sheriff at patrolling the race was laughing at me Nd my wife because we were bombing through the desert in a serento faster than the jeeps. Ran it through a car wash before bringing it back but when we lifted the rear hatch it was like a sandbox .... Oops. They never gave us any issues lol.

alfredregis

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Dublin, CA, USA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Regis
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Took a rental from Vegas to king of the hammers a couple years ago. Sheriff at patrolling the race was laughing at me Nd my wife because we were bombing through the desert in a serento faster than the jeeps. Ran it through a car wash before bringing it back but when we lifted the rear hatch it was like a sandbox .... Oops. They never gave us any issues lol.
challenge accepted lol!!

• Haha
Reactions: Trail_pilot

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I have not flown in 20 years but when I did Hertz offered special cars at airports. I missed the Hertz 350 GT Mustang Shelbys but rented an '87 Mustang GT convertible and the big disappointment, the first AWD BMW.... hard to believe an '87 Mustang was sportier than an '88 Bimmer. I really wish I were 18 in 1967 when Hertx was renting Shelbys. The bad part of that experience for those who rented them was the Shelby came with competition brakes, which only worked once hot. There were many rear end collisions before Hertz installed regular Mustang brake pads.

The big story here..... rent it before you buy it.

Reactions: alfredregis

alfredregis

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Dublin, CA, USA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Regis
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
i completely agree. Im really starting to like the Tacoma.

Tacoma vs Wrangler Rubicon vs Gladiator Rubicon...hmmm which one should i buy now??? lol decisions decisions

Reactions: Ubiety and MazeVX

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Its a rental just use it. Years back I flew out to VIR to some races for work and my rental did pretty well in the burnout contest lol

Kilo Sierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Warren, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Seaverson
Member #

I flew into Denver years ago to meet some family and then drive up to Wyoming to spread my father's ashes at a Ranch he grew up at. When I arrived they had Nissan Altima for me and when I was finalizing everything the Supervisor walked by and said "You're going to Wyoming, you want to Upgrade to a pickup?" And I was like, "Why pay extra, I'm going to a Funeral?"

Fast Forward two days later and I'm on a muddy two-track with 7 other cars following the Caretaker through the property, slinging mud everywhere and banging the undercarriage off rocks. Two car washes later I drive the car back in and throw the keys while the guy is staring at some grass still stuck under the bumper I had missed. And I'm like "Yeah I probably should have gotten the truck."

• Haha
Reactions: BCMoto

Vinman

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I have not flown in 20 years but when I did Hertz offered special cars at airports. I missed the Hertz 350 GT Mustang Shelbys but rented an '87 Mustang GT convertible and the big disappointment, the first AWD BMW.... hard to believe an '87 Mustang was sportier than an '88 Bimmer. I really wish I were 18 in 1967 when Hertx was renting Shelbys. The bad part of that experience for those who rented them was the Shelby came with competition brakes, which only worked once hot. There were many rear end collisions before Hertz installed regular Mustang brake pads.

The big story here..... rent it before you buy it.
A little known fact about the original Hertz Shelby GT 350 rentals.
Some of them were rented then returned with evidence that a roll-bar that had been welded in then cut out before giving the cars back.
People were renting them and racing them in a sanctioned event that required a roll-bar.

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Tacoma vs Wrangler Rubicon vs Gladiator Rubicon...hmmm which one should i buy now??? lol decisions decisions
Speaking as a prior Tacoma owner and current Gladiator owner, Gladiator hands-down. The Tacoma is a great truck, but the payload is severely lacking and off-road it's not even close. I really hope the 4th gen is better in that regard because if they do a ~1,500lb payload and the ability to fit 35s without cutting things, I'm back in a Taco when the JT goes to dedicated trail duty.

alfredregis

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Dublin, CA, USA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Regis
Member #

Service Branch
US Army

Speaking as a prior Tacoma owner and current Gladiator owner, Gladiator hands-down. The Tacoma is a great truck, but the payload is severely lacking and off-road it's not even close. I really hope the 4th gen is better in that regard because if they do a ~1,500lb payload and the ability to fit 35s without cutting things, I'm back in a Taco when the JT goes to dedicated trail duty.
awesome thanks for that insight, ill have to take a JT for a test drive someday

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs

I am 6’2” and the Taco was a bit cramped inside for me, I previously had a Tundra and that was great.
Have a Gladiator now and previously had a JKU and the Gladiator beats the JKU hands down for road manners and interior comfort. The longer wheelbase translates into better road manners and has not been an issue on the trails for me. It’s a goat.