Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

For accessories with enough thread space or enough of a neck to get stainless safety wire around I will loop the safety wire to both sides. Do need to make sure I always have a pair of cutters when heading out.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

After researching anti theft in particular for my rig, I've decided to pull the plug on Ravelco. More to follow....

http://www.ravelco.com/
Interesting concept. I suppose it would be harder to install on some vehicles more than others. And impossible on some. it also means 100k possible combinations of wiring for you to figure out if something with that plug goes wrong.. ha.

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

I don't worry about it. I lost a bike at a bar in the rain once, but anything else that grew legs I've never even missed. All my stuff is easily removed so it's not hard to get to when I need it.

I've been in commercial building maintenance for 15 years and I've figured out of somebody wants something, it's theirs. I've had people strip 15-ton ACs over the weekend, remove plumbing fixtures from public restrooms, and get into all kinds of places, whether the location held anything of value or not. Don't even get me started on the illusion of security people get from a good door lock.

Securing your CB antenna would be easy. Vaseline isn't going to stay put in the weather and if it gets hot, it'll just drip all over your bumper and make a mess. Just put it on hand tight, and don't leave it on riding around town, just put it on when you need it.

montyPR

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Albuquerque, NM
Member #

Interesting concept. I suppose it would be harder to install on some vehicles more than others. And impossible on some. it also means 100k possible combinations of wiring for you to figure out if something with that plug goes wrong.. ha.
I installed the system on the cruiser, I was so happy with the clean install that I did the same for the wife's and the F-150. The research and reputation of the company motivated me in doing so not to mention peace of mind. I could not find one complaint about this company, pretty impressive for 40 years of service, I'm confident there won't be any issues if there are, they stand behind their work. Also, I live in Albuquerque, NM property crime and auto thefts are out of control, If they want it they'll have to tow our vehicles....lol

PNWExplore

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bend Oregon
Member #

Like mentioned, get a good security cam setup. they can be had for around $250 for a good wireless set up and can be much more valuable for other things as well. I just had 3 tires slashed and promptly picked up a cheap Dlink indoor cam that I can place in a window looking out to where my truck is parked.