Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Congrats to JL Lou! Need to work a little studying outside of work into my life, downloaded study guide, now just to read it.
Download the Studyguide.org app, and pay the couple bucks for it... send @brien a message and get his “Ham Cram” document... there is a test on the 19th in Kennewick next test is in September. A couple post up I gave the contact information for the test

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Congrats to JL Lou! Need to work a little studying outside of work into my life, downloaded study guide, now just to read it.
Go to hamstudy.net or similar. Like Mike said download an app. there should be free ones for the technician license. Just study the exam bank. I did this for a day, too the test and scored 33 out of 35.

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Go to hamstudy.net or similar. Like Mike said download an app. there should be free ones for the technician license. Just study the exam bank. I did this for a day, too the test and scored 33 out of 35.
Thanks for the advice Lou.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Congratulations on the Callsign Lou... looking forward to hearing you on the air soon... btw, your ht can hit the SSRA repeater very easily... I was using my HT to hit the repeater and it’s 39 mules as the crow flies... I think the Kennewick Repeater is less than 10 miles from your house.

Reactions: JL Lou

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Here's some pics of my week up in the woods. We spent 7/2-7/6 in the Blues, first few nights above Lake Jubilee then moved to the west of Elgin near Ruckle junction and the last day was spent a ways south of there. We loaded the camper and got the Jeep fixed up on Tuesday and head for the Cascades for 7/8-7/12 camped up little Naches rd./NF19 with a big group of friends and ran around the trails there a bit.

Granite Lake, a few mile past and a couple thousand feet above Bumping Lake. We tried to make it up to Miners Ridge about 2 miles past this lake but it was still blocked with snow.
20200709_130634.jpg20200709_130639.jpg

Clover Spring which is just a few rocky miles past little bald Mountain
20200710_122445.jpg

Little bald Mountain
20200710_114002.jpg20200710_122549.jpg

Ravens Roost, Up above Little Naches area
20200708_152312.jpg20200708_152317.jpg20200708_153243.jpg20200710_113926.jpg

On top of a Fire Lookout In the Blues looking east
20200704_134256.jpg20200704_134303.jpg

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Here's some pics of my week up in the woods. We spent 7/2-7/6 in the Blues, first few nights above Lake Jubilee then moved to the west of Elgin near Ruckle junction and the last day was spent a ways south of there. We loaded the camper and got the Jeep fixed up on Tuesday and head for the Cascades for 7/8-7/12 camped up little Naches rd./NF19 with a big group of friends and ran around the trails there a bit.

Granite Lake, a few mile past and a couple thousand feet above Bumping Lake. We tried to make it up to Miners Ridge about 2 miles past this lake but it was still blocked with snow.
View attachment 162701View attachment 162702

Clover Spring which is just a few rocky miles past little bald Mountain
View attachment 162703

Little bald Mountain
View attachment 162705View attachment 162706

Ravens Roost, Up above Little Naches area
View attachment 162707View attachment 162708View attachment 162709View attachment 162704

On top of a Fire Lookout In the Blues looking east
View attachment 162710View attachment 162711
Nice areas! thanks for the pics and updates. Tried going to go to the low end this weekend at Bingham Springs coming in from highway 204. Made it almost to Elk campground before finding a slide across the road, could have got over the slide, but not the Subaru wagon parked up against it. Ended up heading back to Tri-Cities for the night and went to Lost Lake/Rimrock/Clear Lake on Sunday. Still a good weekend drive.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Nice areas! thanks for the pics and updates. Tried going to go to the low end this weekend at Bingham Springs coming in from highway 204. Made it almost to Elk campground before finding a slide across the road, could have got over the slide, but not the Subaru wagon parked up against it. Ended up heading back to Tri-Cities for the night and went to Lost Lake/Rimrock/Clear Lake on Sunday. Still a good weekend drive.
Bingham road is totally washed out not too far past that. We came from the top down, there was 4 slides we made it over before turning around, met a 4 runner that told us the road was gone. The road down is pretty crappy, slow and rocky then we hit the slides.

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Bingham road is totally washed out not too far past that. We came from the top down, there was 4 slides we made it over before turning around, met a 4 runner that told us the road was gone. The road down is pretty crappy, slow and rocky then we hit the slides.
That was kind of my opinion of the road, slow and rocky. Only got to the first slide due to the parked Subaru, no way to squeeze my truck around it safely. The storms tore up the canyon pretty good. Don’t mind rocks to much with 14 ply tires, but they make it a rougher ride.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Looks like a good time for all. I went to Kalispel and did a little wheeling, also hiking at the Kootenai river.

Swinging Bridge
48.45297, -115.77143
Elevation: 1,969 ft

IMG_0745.JPG
IMG_0740.JPG

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
An update for you all coming into Oregon, Masks are now required both inside and outside, inside gatherings are now limited to under 10 people as of July 15th. July first masks are now required for businesses (i.e. going to a gas station or Walmart).

• Angry
Reactions: PNW EXPLR

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Same here, no gatherings... All businesses are required to put up signs saying masks are required, they can be fined by the dept. of labor...

I stopped in Sandpoint ID last Wednesday, ate in a restaurant (well outside, could have ate inside) I didnt know how much I missed that...

I have to recommend Baxters on Cedar in Sandpoint.

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

I just keep one in every vehicle so I have it wherever I go, solves the issue. Living in Pasco means not taking risks, to high a daily count to be comfortable here.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Agreed. I bought a box of 50 and put ~10 in each vehicle in a ziploc. Mine, wife and daughter...

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Same here, no gatherings... All businesses are required to put up signs saying masks are required, they can be fined by the dept. of labor...

I stopped in Sandpoint ID last Wednesday, ate in a restaurant (well outside, could have ate inside) I didnt know how much I missed that...

I have to recommend Baxters on Cedar in Sandpoint.
And you didn’t hit up @Sandpoint Steve , or any of the Inland Northwest guys? They are going to be sad you didn’t say hi.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
I thought about Steve when I was there, Actually Jealous that he lives there...

Was only in town for about an hour so.... Yeah I suck!

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I thought about Steve when I was there, Actually Jealous that he lives there...

Was only in town for about an hour so.... Yeah I suck!
I love it up there... so much so, I’m seriously contemplating moving up that way... maybe Montana... idk... just know Oregon and Washington Politics suck and I need to get to a red state.

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

A drive in the wilderness cures political thoughts. Rivers, mountains, and other forms of wilderness care less about red or blue. That is the beauty of nature. Never met a tree or river yet with a political agenda.

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve