The next GX470

• HTML tutorial

Jeepncj7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hello all,

What do you think will be the next hidden capable off-road/overland vehicle? To me the GX was a perfect example of this in NA under the Lexus name. Well untill everyone found out and now the prices are insane.

What I think about:

Capable off-road
Reliable
Good price used

*Bonus:
Decently fuel efficient
Has some aftermarket support

Anything out there that people are passing over that should get another look?

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
AMC Eagle :sunglasses:

I think the next GX is the GX460! It is still has a solid rear axle and has the attention of the aftermarket manufactures.

A current AWD Crossover, like the Forester or Maverick, might take the spotlight in the future simply because they are more fuel efficient and seem to advertise towards an overland mindset.

Jeepncj7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

AMC eagle would be pretty sweet with a 4.0 swapped in.

The 460 is great but still really expensive. With the popularity of the 470, I'm thinking it will stay that way.

No more diamonds in the rough like the 470? Has to be something that was rebadged or looked over like how the 470 was.

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Look at an L3/ LR4 .. dirt cheap, in some ways similar with the GX460/470. You can fix many issues that might have well within the price difference.

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
The GX470 craze seems to be peaking. But not dropping, yet. Still got my’04 and it’s soldiering on. Getting major 100k service this month.

Attachments

NMBruce

Rank V

Advocate II

Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
The GX can be a very good off road truck. I had one for 5 years and moved on because I wanted a pickup again.

Attachments