US Rocky Mountain The Maze District - New Moon weekend!

• HTML tutorial

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Planning a 6 day trip to The Maze District in Canyonlands National Park. This is a very remote section of the park where they recommend not relying on GPS, bring a map. We're planning to be there for the new moon in June which is on June 17. There is a maximum of 3 vehicles per camp site and we have 2 camp sites near each other each night while in the national park. TRIP IS NOW FULL WITH A WAITLIST.

• Love
Reactions: Iridium and Kent R

TheBison

Rank V

Trail Blazer III

Hartsel, CO
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Foltz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA0BF / WRMI426
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Dang, that looks fun!

Enthusiast I

Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Matheson
Service Branch
US Army
I am very interested, sign me up.
Gotcha sir!! There are now 5 of us, 4 (including me) from my other forum and then you as well. We have room for 1 more. I have 2 maybe\'s on the other forum as well. I\'m going to send you a private message for some further details of our discussion.
I joined the other forum to follow along.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

This looks like a really fun trip, unfortunately I'm not sure if ill be able to make it on account of work :(

Akicita

Rank IV

Advocate I

Firestone, CO, USA
First Name
Akicita
Last Name
Lakota
Member #

Gotcha sir!! There are now 5 of us, 4 (including me) from my other forum and then you as well. We have room for 1 more. I have 2 maybe's on the other forum as well. I'm going to send you a private message for some further details of our discussion.
I see a spot still open in the Rally Point. . . If that's correct I would like to join you.

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

I'm closing this now as we currently have 8 rigs who want to come and our permits only allow for 6 rigs. @Akicita (I don't know if tagging you works) I got your PM and I'm working it out, I'll get back to you before this weekend.

MtnTaco

Rank II

Contributor II

Conifer, CO, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Krane
Member #

You guys will have a great time! Did this a few years back. Had a blast, stayed at the Maze Overlook #2 campsite.

MtnTaco

Rank II

Contributor II

Conifer, CO, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Krane
Member #

You guys will have a great time! Did this a few years back. Had a blast, stayed at the Maze Overlook #2 campsite.

MtnBnd

Rank IV
Investor

Advocate III

Riverton, Utah, USA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Would love to go. Too many other things/trips going on. I hope all that go are safe and have a blast !!

BigDonMel

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Mel
Last Name
Durand

Planning a 6 day trip to The Maze District in Canyonlands National Park. This is a very remote section of the park where they recommend not relying on GPS, bring a map. We're planning to be there for the new moon in June which is on June 17. There is a maximum of 3 vehicles per camp site and we have 2 camp sites near each other each night while in the national park. TRIP IS NOW FULL WITH A WAITLIST.

Just did this trip last month, entering the Poison Springs Trail, crossing the dirty Devil River. In the Maze we camped at to Ekker Butte, Standing Rock and the Doll House. Last year was in the Needles District and this September will do the White Rim. These places are so close to the Maze, yet will take the most of a tank full of gas to get there. GPS worked great on the roads but download your maps for offline use. Have a great time!