The In-No-Hurry™ Big Whup build/mod thread

• HTML tutorial

RAngone

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chicago | Western Suburbs
Member #

And the "build" continues over the weekend. When the Duratracs were put on the spacers contributed to rubbing up front, so we trimmed the front bumper skin and mover the fender lining forward, like a lot have done before. Issue was the mudflaps were rubbing and they made a horrific noise so we pulled them off. I didn't like the look of the unfinished fender, so per the T4Rforum I used a heat gun to soften the flaps a bit and push them flat with a wet towel into the wheel well. It worked perfectly except turning to the left at lock going forward, it makes a rubbing sound but not as ugly as before the mod. So on they will stay, if it gets worse I can always pull them off again. It will be this way until we do a little bit of a lift, but that won't be for a while. I expect this to get worse if we ever air down, in that case I have a rachet and driver in my tools that can pull them off right away. Second pic shows how tight the gap was before the mod. I forgot to take after shots of them installed. It was pretty cold in the garage yesterday!IMG_4528.JPG IMG_4531.JPG

Reactions: Jimmy P