Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
"You shall not pass!" Everyone has a love hate relationship with the gatekeeper...

When all you want to do is hit the trails after a long work week and you are subjected to acquiring permission from the gatekeeper before getting that adrenaline rush you so desire.

Whats everyones story with gatekeepers...the good, the bad and the ugly!

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
First try with a gatekeeper and my Outback was a failure. At OTG 2017 to Bald Mountain it stopped me. Sad but a plan for next year and the sway bar in the rear is coming off this week. My son said I looked like I was diving a board, no flex at all. Still learning this vehicle so experience with the AWD system will help.

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

First try with a gatekeeper and my Outback was a failure. At OTG 2017 to Bald Mountain it stopped me. Sad but a plan for next year and the sway bar in the rear is coming off this week. My son said I looked like I was diving a board, no flex at all. Still learning this vehicle so experience with the AWD system will help.
I believe brick with wheels is a better description. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

First experience with a gatekeeper, when I was considerably younger, I misjudged the height and high-centered on the transfer case. Broke the rear driveline getting her loose. Tied it to a bracket with a shop rag and drove home in front wheel drive. That was a '74 Dodge Power Wagon, my first 4x4.

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
"You shall not pass!" Everyone has a love hate relationship with the gatekeeper...

When all you want to do is hit the trails after a long work week and you are subjected to acquiring permission from the gatekeeper before getting that adrenaline rush you so desire.

I had a shotgun pointed in my direction on land that wasn't posted. We backed out quickly.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
First experience with a gatekeeper, when I was considerably younger, I misjudged the height and high-centered on the transfer case. Broke the rear driveline getting her loose. Tied it to a bracket with a shop rag and drove home in front wheel drive. That was a '74 Dodge Power Wagon, my first 4x4.
Life is a learning experience.

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

I think Gatekeepers should be suited for what kind of off-roading is behind the passage to make sure you can make it. There have been plenty of "gatekeepers" that were a little much for the type of "wheeling" that laid behind it.

Reactions: NightCrawler