The Brown Beast '84 Toyota FJ60

• HTML tutorial

Kluberto

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Seattle, WA
Member #

Greetings, My name Is Kyle and I purchased my Landcruiser about a year ago from an awesome guy down in pdx. His wife didn't want to drive a stick and there was No A/C so thankful for me I got the FJ I wanted.
He had a bunch of work done to it right before the sale so I was literally getting brand new parts I wanted to do anyways. A couple of friends have original 60s but I wanted to take mine a little further.

1984 Toyota Land Cruiser Fj60 220k Mi 4 spd

Current Mods:
OME 4inch Heavy Duty Lift
Custom Steel Addicted Offroad Front Bumper
Custom Steel Rear Dual Swing Tire Carrier and Jerry Gan Holder
New F/R Slotted Disk Brakes
33x12.50 BFG KO2 W/ Full Spare
Custom Exhaust with Man A Fre Cat Delete
Yakima Rack and Basket
Tepui Kukenam Sky RTT
LED Front Headlight Conversion
RC LED Spot Light Bar
LED Interior and Exterior Running Lights
Cruiser Corps Rear Cargo Mat

Future Mods:
Winch
Compressor
Cummins R2.8 Swap $$$
5 Spd conversion

Here it is when I first got it home.
IMG_6083.JPG

Last edited:

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
That's is so cool man!! I'm not very familiar with those but I really like yours

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Kluberto

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Seattle, WA
Member #

First project I tackled was the interior, The seats are in pretty amazing shape but the rear tailgate was missing and cargo area was pretty tattered and nasty. It took a little while to track down some 30 year matching carpet but i think I found a pretty good solution.

IMG_6160.JPG

Thankfully I still had the backing for the tailgate and i had a shop try and match the brown from the interior. Some people like having it as a tailgate but i like having somewhat of a butt pad.

IMG_6191.JPG

Kluberto

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Seattle, WA
Member #

Next was lighting, those halogens just don't cut it anymore, I have read some people dont like LED because of lack of heat in snowy conditions but have yet to have any issues. If all else fails get out and clean them off. I picked up some JW speaker replicas, I just can't see paying that much for headlights.

IMG_6184.JPG

IMG_6592.JPG

Reactions: ASNOBODY

Kluberto

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Seattle, WA
Member #

Choosing a front bumper was a tough one for me, the ARB is just so classic but by being that way everyone has one so I wanted to have something a little different than most. I always have liked pre-runner style bumpers having other SR5s in the past, so after many months of trying to find something I came upon the Addicted Offroad bumpers and pulled the trigger.

IMG_6600.jpg

Test Fitting

IMG_6620 3.JPG

I ended up just painting the bumper and using Bedliner on top for the final coats. It has held up really well even better than my buddies PC'd 4plus bumper.

IMG_6640.JPG

And Finished product Installed.

IMG_6652.JPG

Kluberto

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Seattle, WA
Member #

Last night I just finished my last big project for a while, the rear dual swing bumper, many moving parts and a lot of paint. I looked around a lot and an outfit outta the midwest was the cheapest option I could find. The build quality is pretty awesome and super burly, the customer service and time frame left something to be desired but overall I'm happy, for about half the price as the competitors I can't complain too much.

IMG_7298.JPG

PAINT PAINT PAINT

IMG_7318.JPG

Bumper Mounted.

IMG_7332.JPG

Everything mounted, I ended up having to drill a couple new holes on the Tire mount to fit past the Jerry can Holder, Otherwise everything was pretty flush and I'm happy with it. Definitely feel the weight in the booty though.

You DO NOT wanna rear end me.

IMG_7379.JPG

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Is it the camera angle or me?

It doesn't look like you'd be able to carry a full-size water/gas can in the space closest to the tire, it would hit the tire?

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Nice score! It’s getting hard to find a clean one that the roof isn’t rotting off of that isn’t crazy $$ I searched for the right one for a long time and when I found it and was set to go get it that weekend and the guy backed out at the last minute. I never did find the right one again and ended up building up a Tacoma. Someday I hope to come across one like yours for a fun project. Great job with yours!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk