Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

We had three, Sold Two Now I mostly just use the POD's. Freesprit Make's Good Products Great Support also

Reactions: B Miller

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Looks like a great light kit and the solar back is a very solid idea. I wonder about the size for a lot of folks in smaller vehicles but otherwise it looks really nice!

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I have the same one, and mostly love it. It sets up super easy and I like having the protective hard case. The only issue I have is runtime doesn't seem great. It doesn't seem like you tested runtime, curious to see what you find.

-TJ

T4R13

Rank IV

Traveler III

Lewis County, West Virginia, United States
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Schriner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8VAF
Seems massive for a camp light?
It's big, but not crazy-bright. If you cook a lot and want to light up a table as well as a BBQ/Skottle/whatever you cook on it's a good size.

-TJ
Big and not crazy bright lol seems like a terrible combo. Between my awning led strip and a Fenix cl 30r lantern that’s smaller than a pop can and a fenix pd35. I have more than enough light. Just couldn’t justify the space for that light. Just my constructive criticism

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Big and not crazy bright lol seems like a terrible combo.
Remember the backside of it is a solar panel. For that panel to be at all effective in recharging it has to have some surface area. Also, the 4 smaller lights detach and have both hooks and magnets for using away from the "head." I actually like that it's a bigger, broader primary light that's more diffused and seems to throw a larger, more even area of light than say a much smaller unit producing the same lumens would do. It's way easier on the eyes if you happen to look directly at it and creates a much more "daylight" like light than smaller, but brighter (by area) lights I've used.

I'm assuming you are talking about the "head" when criticizing the size. If you mean the stand, then I see the size of the stand as nothing but upside. It's very stable and supremely adjustable. It makes it easy to get a nice down-cast light that covers a ton of area without the light being horizontal at all (so it basically reduces/eliminates the issue of accidently looking right into it, or pissing off your neighbors...).

-TJ

Reactions: B Miller

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I have camped with people who have these. I agree with @tjZ06. Not blinding but a good balance. Their great for camp set up in the dark as well as cooking.

Reactions: tjZ06