Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg WARNING this is for banter only mud slinging must be kept in good humour. ALL THREE DESIGN ICONS KNOWN ALL OVER THE WORLD
LIKE YOUR FAVORIT JUST ONE.

Pictures
Model. Defender 110 td5 pickup
Make DEFENDER 110 UK

Design 10 /10
Reliablity. 8ish /10

You can post as many times as you like , ( even change your mind as i have many times :rage:)

Last edited:

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

I've owned several Jeeps. Incredibly capable straight out of the showroom. However, even the ones built pre-FCA and pre-Chrysler were no where near 8/10 on any reliability scale. Maybe 5/10, especially if you're considering a Land Cruiser a 9/10. Jeep is consistently ranked near last in dependability studies (along with Land Rover *cough* *cough* :wink:).

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Its a v
I've owned several Jeeps. Incredibly capable straight out of the showroom. However, even the ones built pre-FCA and pre-Chrysler were no where near 8/10 on any reliability scale. Maybe 5/10, especially if you're considering a Land Cruiser a 9/10. Jeep is consistently ranked near last in dependability studies (along with Land Rover *cough* *cough* :wink:).

. Its a vote lol we know all he faults with all three.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
As much as I love that Defender, I have to vote Cruiser. Reasons, cost of repair and over all dependability. The Defender pictured appears older. The issues they have, could be easily field repaired. I also wouldn't be surprised if that particular one sold today for around 80 grand. The Cruiser is also older, doesn't have the reliability issues and would sell today for 20 (ish). I'm basing Cruiser cost on how much I have invested as well as a few future items.

Several years ago I read an article about a group of journalists, taking a few new Rovers up some old forgotten route in Africa. Rover sponsored it and outfitted them. It was a good read, full of adventure. The group had to keep deviating because the Rovers kept having issues. Bottom line, they finished the route, everyone had fun and they focused more on the trip and less on the Rovers.

Next year, Toyota sponsored the same trip with a group of new Cruisers. I'm guessing they didn't have as much fun because they only had a flat. Later they took the same vehicle's across Siberia. You guessed it, they had a flat.

All in all it could have been worse. The vehicle's could have mysteriously caught fire and burned down to a pile of slag with the manufacture claiming no responsibility. U-Tube

I actually like the JK and if I had waited on building my TJ (can you say Death Wobble), I would own one. Its a good thing Jeep was bought out by Fiat. I'm sure they will raise over all dependability up to their spot on the above chart. At least for now they fixed the burning thing.

Scott

Last edited:

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg image.jpeg
As much as I love that Defender, I have to vote Cruiser. Reasons, cost of repair and over all dependability. The Defender pictured appears older. The issues they have, could be easily field repaired. I also wouldn't be surprised if that particular one sold today for around 80 grand. The Cruiser is also older, doesn't have the reliability issues and would sell today for 20 (ish). I'm basing Cruiser cost on how much I have invested as well as a few future items.

Several years ago I read an article about a group of journalists, taking a few new Rovers up some old forgotten route in Africa. Rover sponsored it and outfitted them. It was a good read, full of adventure. The group had to keep deviating because the Rovers kept having issues. Bottom line, they finished the route, everyone had fun and they focused more on the trip and less on the Rovers.

Next year, Toyota sponsored the same trip with a group of new Cruisers. I'm guessing they didn't have as much fun because they only had a flat. Later they took the same vehicle's across Siberia. You guessed it, they had a flat.

All in all it could have been worse. The vehicle's could have mysteriously caught fire and burned down to a pile of slag with the manufacture claiming no responsibility. U-Tube

I actually like the JK and if I had waited on building my TJ (can you say Death Wobble), I would own one. Its a good thing Jeep was bought out by Fiat. I'm sure they will raise over all dependability up to their spot on the above chart. At least for now they fixed the burning thing.

Scott
This is why i joined great write up That defender was £38,000 the other two i just down loaded my interest is in the views of people around the world and the legends that have been built up true and false about the reliabilty and ease of mainternance of all three brands. I met two ex LR EMPLOYEES on the isle of anglesea They have owend these all there lives just something about a landy

Reactions: deeve and Arailt

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I have always said that the best 4x4 (at least for the US and Canada) is the square body Chevrolet (73-87 pickups, 73-91 Blazer Suburban and K30) not because of reliability necessarily, but because they are so cheap and easy to maintain, and are extremely interchangeable. But that being said, I have seen quite a few well maintained Chevy GMC rigs of this vintage roll past 300K miles with minimal issues. And lets face it, theres a reason why the Chevy small block and GM automatic transmission is the gold standard in hot rodding...

Last edited:

deeve

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hillsboro, OR, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1PNW
Growing up in the late 70's-80's these Eagles were always a curious creation to me. I always thought they were quirky cool.

Reactions: TerryD