The beginning of DIEGO

• HTML tutorial

skeeter81

Rank 0

Traveler I

I bought this Explorer about a month ago and I bought it as is. It currently has a 2" lift kit and 33" falken tires. It is also equipped with steel front and rear bumpers with a bike rack there is also storage in rear bumper and is where I have an air compressor hose connected to my ARB compressor in the hood. And a custom roof rack with lighting. I plan to turn the bike rack into a spare tire carrier with storage. I also plan to install o rooftop tent and awnings. I already have a crude storage system however I'll be upgrading it to include 2 drawers and a slide out top. I also plan to install a dual battery system that I can charge by both alternator and solar and I want to be able to override to jump the car if needed from the aux battery. Any tips or suggestions are welcome! Glad to be a part of the overlanding community

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

skeeter81

Rank 0

Traveler I

Beautiful EX. Would love to know if you have any info on the bumpers and lift. Mine is an 07 stock. Looking to out fit and get in on the action.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using OB Talk mobile app
The bumpers were custom made and it's a traxda 2" lift kit. Great rigs though even with the independent front and rear suspension I have no problem doing pretty difficult obstacles and it really improves the ride quality on road. Which makes all the difference to me since most of my trips involve atleast a few hundred highway miles as well.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: BobsGarage