Launch Member

Contributor I

Alabama, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Radford
Member #

Got my 2005 Nissan Armada stock a few months ago and I live in it full time now. Build as I go I always have plans and wants and needs but time and money is key. So far been a great rig and has takin me where I need. So far I have put on :

Bf goodwrench 275/18’s
Pro 4 x decals
Tuff stuff RTT
Bull bar with lights
Secondary sleeping option inside and of course my living gear IMG_1441.JPGIMG_1034.JPGIMG_1033.JPGIMG_0975.JPGIMG_0982.JPGIMG_0945.JPG

LD5050

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Texas, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Sweet setup! I’ve owned a few Titans in the past and am in love with the VK56 motor. Another Titan (1st gen) is a prime candidate for our upcoming overland build.
What’s the mileage, and have you had any issues with cracked exhaust manifolds yet? I highly recommend JBA long tubes and Cajun b pipes as the solution, less $ than OEM replacements and will last forever (regardless whether you pay a shop or do the work yourself, you only want to do it once lol)

Reactions: FreeRangeRedneck

FreeRangeRedneck

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Alabama, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Radford
Member #

Sweet setup! I’ve owned a few Titans in the past and am in love with the VK56 motor. Another Titan (1st gen) is a prime candidate for our upcoming overland build.
What’s the mileage, and have you had any issues with cracked exhaust manifolds yet? I highly recommend JBA long tubes and Cajun b pipes as the solution, less $ than OEM replacements and will last forever (regardless whether you pay a shop or do the work yourself, you only want to do it once lol)
I think I’m having that issue now the I can hear it when I get into it a bit. I’m 800 past 200,000 now she runs fantastic

Reactions: 05 QX56

LD5050

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Texas, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Kind of sounds like playing cards in bicycle wheel spokes. If/when you do have to replace them and you go with long tube headers, you’ll also need a tune to fix the AFR. UpRev is the 800lb gorilla of VK56 tuning, hands down the best option for your ECU. You can get the whole header package from Cajun Tuning in Louisiana, they can even handle the UpRev tune. Not a cheap situation, but the aftermarket solution is still cheaper than OEM replacements ($900+ for each manifold!) and will outlast the vehicle. $1,300-$1,500 depending on which B pipes you go with.
I had an 06 for several years, and my parents still have an 05. With a little preventative maintenance and the right aftermarket fixes, they’re outstanding vehicles IMHO.

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
Nice Rig. My wife has an 06 QX56 (shes fancy) She hated me when I put KO2s on it, but thanked me first time she got in a bind. were at 179k on ours and have a few issues, just replaced U-joints this week (one was bad, but might as well get all 3 while your down there) and our passenger side cv axle shaft bracket sheared off the frame and was just resting on the control arm. Got that welded up (professionally) and replaced both CVs while we were at it. The only issue (other than being hella thirsty) at least on the QX is clearance and lifting it. I've read that theres no way to properly lift them without reeking havoc on the front diff and drive shaft. Enjoy it, it looks like a great rig!

Reactions: FreeRangeRedneck

FreeRangeRedneck

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Alabama, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Radford
Member #

Nice Rig. My wife has an 06 QX56 (shes fancy) She hated me when I put KO2s on it, but thanked me first time she got in a bind. were at 179k on ours and have a few issues, just replaced U-joints this week (one was bad, but might as well get all 3 while your down there) and our passenger side cv axle shaft bracket sheared off the frame and was just resting on the control arm. Got that welded up (professionally) and replaced both CVs while we were at it. The only issue (other than being hella thirsty) at least on the QX is clearance and lifting it. I've read that theres no way to properly lift them without reeking havoc on the front diff and drive shaft. Enjoy it, it looks like a great rig!
Yeah I’m actually happy with the stock hight and my 275’s it does what I need. And I feel you on the thirsty. These ol girls drink like a fish only thing I don’t like but I do like my v8

Reactions: 05 QX56

05 QX56

Rank 0

Contributor I

Buellton, California, USA
First Name
craig
Last Name
diaman
Kind of sounds like playing cards in bicycle wheel spokes. If/when you do have to replace them and you go with long tube headers, you’ll also need a tune to fix the AFR. UpRev is the 800lb gorilla of VK56 tuning, hands down the best option for your ECU. You can get the whole header package from Cajun Tuning in Louisiana, they can even handle the UpRev tune. Not a cheap situation, but the aftermarket solution is still cheaper than OEM replacements ($900+ for each manifold!) and will outlast the vehicle. $1,300-$1,500 depending on which B pipes you go with.
I had an 06 for several years, and my parents still have an 05. With a little preventative maintenance and the right aftermarket fixes, they’re outstanding vehicles IMHO.
Would you mind sharing the aftermarket fixes? The details would be appreciated.

05 QX56

Rank 0

Contributor I

Buellton, California, USA
First Name
craig
Last Name
diaman
I think I’m having that issue now the I can hear it when I get into it a bit. I’m 800 past 200,000 now she runs fantastic
Got my 2005 Nissan Armada stock a few months ago and I live in it full time now. Build as I go I always have plans and wants and needs but time and money is key. So far been a great rig and has takin me where I need. So far I have put on :

Bf goodwrench 275/18’s
Pro 4 x decals
Tuff stuff RTT
Bull bar with lights
Secondary sleeping option inside and of course my living gear View attachment 99120View attachment 99121View attachment 99122View attachment 99123View attachment 99124View attachment 99125
Great job and looks awesome. Did you have it lifted?