Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
I‘m marking it on my calendar. I‘m new to the group and am looking for events to hit so I can start showing my kids the fun outdoors. What is the group listed under on Facebook? I‘m on there a good bit and am out of Denton Tx. I‘ve been building my rig over th past few months and are wanting to see about any meet ups to see about unique ideas.
Jon
Texas Overland is the FB Group.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
For some reason, I was not getting notifications from the comments here. Sorry about that folks.
If interested in the FB group, please put in the question notes that you are a member here and interested in the event. I did not want to push the FB group here, just offer the event, as it is open to all.

Reactions: CDE

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
I just reread the event info, I swear this was in Llano last year, maybe that was a similar event!? I don't think we will be trekking all the way out west of Fort Worth for a day trip from south Texas, looks like we will miss this again.
We co-hosted an event near Mason last year, yes. This event is all weekend, we understand the long drive, but would still enjoy having you and the family.

Reactions: CDE

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
REMINDER......
18 March, 15;00, registration closes.

Reactions: srad2

srad2

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Joshua, Texas
Member #

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasOverland/events/

There really isn't a link to register. Send them your payment and info through paypal and they will email you back the location and other info.

From the TO FB events page:

Registration will be done through Paypal as friends/family. To register, please Paypal the appropriate amount to TexOverland@gmail.com, along with the names of the people you are registering (adults only), email address and t-shirt sizes. Once payment is received, we will send a confirmation email with entry and camp location. Please give us a few days to get the emails out, as we have day jobs, too. Each paid ticket will include a limited run Texas Overland Tshirt, vinyl Texas Overland logo decal and one raffle ticket. In order to guarantee a tshirt, you must register by 3pm on March 18, 2018. We will do our best to accommodate people after that date, but it will be on a first-come, first-served basis. If you do not wish to pay via Paypal, please email us and we will work with you on payment.

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
I wanted to share a bit of information that might be helpful for this weekend. I live and work at Possum Kingdom Lake which is a few miles from the venue. I'm not coordinating the event but just want to help if I can.

Eating out: The Cafe in Graford is the only local restaurant. You will likely pass it if you approach the venue from the south. It is on Hwy 254 one block west of Hwy 4 (Main Street). They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's pretty good food. Hamburgers, chicken fried steak, brisket tacos, Blue Bell ice cream, etc. Other than that you would have to go to Mineral Wells or Graham. There is a family owned Whataburger near PK (Possum Kingdom). Very limited hours but it's the best Whataburger you will ever eat at. I think they close at 7 on Friday and Saturday during this time of the year.

Fuel: There is gas available locally but it is way overpriced. On the way out get fuel at the Walmart in Graham or Mineral Wells depending on which way you are coming from. If you travel out to PK the gas is cheapest at the North 40 convenience store on FM 2353. It is more expensive than Walmart by roughly 15 cents a gallon though.

Groceries: There is a new Dollar General two blocks west of the Cafe on Hwy 254. It is a nice store with good prices.

Repairs: Shawn's Lake Service on FM2353 at PK specializes in tire repair or pretty much anything else. He is also the Justice of the Peace so you could get married while you're getting your tire fixed. :) There are several parts stores in Mineral Wells or Graham.

Recreation: Other than what is planned through the overland rally there is free camping and hiking at PK. The water is still pretty cold for swimming. I will bring free maps for PK and the trails if anyone is interested. Mineral Wells State Park is nearby as is PK State Park. The fishing is good right now in the lake and the Brazos River below the PK dam. You can also arrange a canoe or kayak trip through Rochelle's if you want to spend a few extra days out here.

Not sure what I'm forgetting but if anyone has questions don't hesitate to contact me or ask questions here.

ELY-9999

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Parker, AZ, USA
First Name
ELIYAHU
Last Name
YHWH
Member #

Sorry I bailed on y'all, just too cold and windy with little or no improvement in the forecast. For me it was a "Blowout" :) maybe next time...

srad2

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Joshua, Texas
Member #

I drove over to check the place out but too cold to stay. The guys had a great place and a lot of people did stay. Looked like they had fun.

Reactions: ELY-9999